Bruised

" things always seem nice on the surface, but don't forget what's on the inside. something deep and ugly. a monster stirring around."

I walk through the halls with my head down, it was Friday. A week has passed since Ben left me in those woods. A week since I last talked to him.

He's been in school, I see him walk down the halls alone as always. Graylen's been in rolled here for some time now.

Silas has been around lately but more so with Asher who's been quiet lately. Him and Veronica broke up and he's been quiet about it.

Everything in the school seemed to shift, two new students arrived. Briar Gardner, she was different. Her bright blonde almost white hair and bright blue eyes.

Than there was Skeeter Grove, she was seventeen like Briar and just enrolled. Skeeter had dark skin, and dark messy short hair. She had dark brown eyes and seemed more of the shy type.

I bump into students while walking through the hall.

My eyes catch on Bens before I quickly look away, bumping into one of the football jocks.

"Watch it bitch," The guy snapped while shoving me into the lockers.

Within seconds the jock was pinned to the lockers by an angry Ben. He was shaking with anger and looked like he was ready to kill the jock.

"What are you going to do murderer?" The jock says snidely.

Bens fist clutched the guys collar around his shirt and lifted him off the ground so his legs were dangling.

"Ben!" I shout.

His head snapped over and his eyes bored into mine. He releases the guy, letting him fall to the ground before walking away.

Students stood there in shock for a few moments before continuing with their everyday morning routine.

I shuffle through them and land in my home room for English. I watch Asher walk in quietly and take a seat behind me.

Right before the bell rung both new students walked in. Briar took a seat on my left and Skeeter took the seat on my right.

"I'm Briar," The blonde says and I look over at her while nodding my head, "And this is my friend Skeeter, she doesn't talk much," The girl says.

I lean back in my chair and look at Asher while chewing my lip, "I'm Iliana Rae, this is my brother Asher," I say, pointing back at my brother who was resting his head on his desk.

"Lovely morning ladies," He says, shooting a smirk in my direction.

I roll my eyes, "Is that how you get the ladies? With that charm? Cause it ain't working," Skeeter says next to me, playing with her hair.

Asher sat up in his seat and leaned over his desk slightly, grinning at Skeeter, "I like you," He says.

"Don't," She retorts, laughing lightly under her breath at him.