Wisdom

" and so they'll fall, the power of light fading while darkness consumes all."

The balance between light and dark was struggling, the light fading while darkness grew. It manipulated people, showing them things they wanted to see.

It brought out the evilest parts in people.

There was a shift, I wasn't sure when I first felt it but it's growing. The town was starting to die slowly, people moving and leaving their homes, like they knew a storm was coming.

A massive storm about to wipe out this mystical town.

Mom and Dad left, after we persuaded them to head to the city, they were human. They wouldn't be able to survive.

It's been a week since I last seen Ben, the infection from Cupid's arrow only growing but there was something off about him, I couldn't put my finger on it.

I could feel all the elements, but all I could feel is this anger flowing around me.

"Nana, I think something bad is coming," I whisper out, and she looks over at me with the smallest smile gracing her face.

She rocked back and forth, "A war?" She questioned.

My eyebrows knit forward as I stared at her, "How'd you-" She cut me off with a faint laugh.

"The angels have been talking, a war is coming. The great fall," She answers but that only caused my curiosity to grow.

"What's the great fall?" I questioned.

I watch her carefully, she gulps and I can hear her heart racing in her chest.

"When Lucifer was banned to Hell, that was the original fall. But there were always stories of a reckoning, another fall. The great fall, where God himself loses one of his most admired alias."

She cleared her throat, "The war between the angels causes the balance between light and dark to fall. It doesn't just effect the angels, but other supernatural creatures,"

I shook my head, my throat tightening, "I've felt it, around me. The anger, the fear." I whisper out.

My Nana's eyes fill with tears, "The darkness will come for you, like it will everyone else. You can't let it in, you have to fight it."

"It'll see the power inside of you, It'll try to turn you, so promise me Della, you won't let it take you," she whispers.

I reach over and grab her frail hands in mine, "Nana, why are you talking like we'll never see each other again?"

She smiled and shook her head, "I know I'll be seeing you, I just want you to know that you are loved,"

I start shaking my head and go to speak when she cuts me off, "You have to stop hating yourself because of your mother."

I pull away from her and narrow my eyes slightly, my heart racing in my chest, "I'm not sure what y-"

She rolled her eyes and cut me off again, "Just because she left you, doesn't mean everyone's going to leave you,"

"I understand your Dad leaving was hard, but you are not the reason your mother killed herself. Not everyone is going to leave you," She added on.

I sat there quietly and let her words sink in, my mind processing them slowly so I can fully understand, but it doesn't help. My mind was scattered, my hands now shaking in my lap.