Freak

" there will always be that little voice in the back of your head - don't ignore it."

I sat in the middle of science class, droning out the teachers voice as students around me snickered. I've been ignoring everyone.

My parents are still away on a trip and were notified about the house, they'll be back in two days and have already bought a house near the towns lake and forest.

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed." Mrs. Wallace says, "Carl Jung said that," She added on while turning back around to the board.

Her words got me thinking and I look down at my desk, I was the only person in class without a partner. The other students thought I was a freak of nature, I couldn't deny it either because it was true.

That first contact with Ben and the blast was like a chemical reaction in a way. And I guess we were both transformed afterwards.

His beast was wild and I seemed to have lost all control of everything around me.

I brought a hand down my face and sucked in a deep breath. Sometimes I really hated being in school when so many things were happening around me.

"Smile a little, so people don't think you're about to kill them."

Turning in my seat I see Francis standing in the corner of the room while smirking, it explains why no one else heard him when the room was dead silent and he just shouted out.

I shook my head and grinned slightly, reading through my textbook. Hoping this day would pass by quickly so I could go home and cuddle into my bed while watching Netflix.

It felt like time was moving slow around me and I see figures walk past the classroom doors when dark eyes caught mine and I sucked in a breath.

In that moment it felt like it was just us when he shakes his head and continues down the hall. It felt like time stopped when he looked into my eyes.

My heart began racing and it was now hard to focus on anything.

The bell was going to ring in five minutes when one of the cheerleaders stood up at that front of the class while beaming.

"Don't forget about the fall formal tomorrow night!" She says while smiling before sitting back in her seat.

I scoff under my breath before packing up my stuff, standing to my feet right when the bell rang, indicating lunch.

My stomach rumbles and I head towards my locker, throwing in my text books while grabbing my bag.

I head outside towards one of the empty benches and sit down, grabbing my thermos from my bag. I pop the lid and start chugging back the creamy liquid.

It felt like I was in recovery, I was at war with myself and now it was my time to design my recovery but it's difficult.

It digs inside of me, trying to scratch its way out. I'm so tired of pretending I was normal, I know I use to be different but I became a solider in my own war.

Every time I did something terrible it felt like a piece of me was taken away. Every time I did something so unspeakable I would lose a piece of myself that I can never get back.