Chapter Two-Part Five

"No one can have the whole world."

(Kang Mo Yeon)

   Fully recovered from her ordeal, Mo Yeon returned to work the next day

   Fully recovered from her ordeal, Mo Yeon returned to work the next day. Si Jin dropped her off the main entrance of the hospital before he headed back to base. However, before he could let her go, his worries took over, and he grabbed her hand before she could even open the door.

   With a very concerned look on his face, he asked, "Will you be okay?"

   Mo Yeon exhaled, and stared deep into his eyes, as if to tell him-telepathically, that she would be fine.

   I will be fine.

   I don't believe you. What will happen to you when I am not around? You don't even know how to fight.

   Mo Yeon sighed again, and turned away for a moment to figure out how to convince her super-paranoid namchin that she will be safe in the compounds of the hospital. From the look of his eyes, it would take more than just merry words to relieve his worried soul.

   "Well?" Si Jin spoke, pulling her out of her thoughts. Mo Yeon glanced at him, and gave him a really flat expression. Internally, Mo Yeon knew that she had to say something eventually, or else he would never let her go. She had a job to do and so did he.

   Mo Yeon unexpectedly cupped his face with both of her palms, surprising Si Jin with her actions. She bent closer towards his face, and once again stared deep into his eyes with a rather innocent look. She needed to do this to convince him entirely. "Yoo Si Jin-sshi, I know that you are worried about me, but being worried doesn't help at all-for the two of us. I honestly can't guarantee you that nothing will happen to me but in this hospital, I am safe. My friends are here, and they can protect me if I go into trouble." Slowly, she let go of her hold, but Si Jin stopped her.

   Si Jin gripped her right palm in a rather possessive yet tendered manner, an then rubbed the base of her palm with his thumb soothingly. "I am really worried for you, Mo Yeon-ah. Somebody tried-I mean, did harmed my yeoja, and I blamed myself for not being there for you. If I had followed you, this thing wouldn't have happened. Then, I wouldn't be so-"

   In another unexpected move, Mo Yeon placed her index finger of her left hand on his lips, shutting him up completely. "Don't blame yourself anymore. It is not your fault. It is my careless mistake and I had to bear the consequences. If it wasn't for you, I would have.....lost my dignity right now." She retracted her finger slowly. "I know that you cared about my safety. Well, I can tell you now that I am alright. I will be safe, Yoo Si Jin-sshi, so please don't worry."

   Seeing that his girlfriend was adamant, he knew that it was pointless to argue anymore. Despite his soul telling him not to let her go, he had to release her eventually. He knew she was right. Besides, he can't be with her all day 24/7. That would only make her feel uncomfortable if he insisted with his way. Plus, she's not a baby girl anymore, she is an independent lady already-a beautiful and gorgeous one. She doesn't need a babysitter to take care of her.