Chapter Seven-Part Two

"疑心暗鬼"

(A doubtful mind creates devils in the dark.)

(Japanese Quote)

Uruk Capital Hospital

   Nighttime loomed the country after a day of mixed events. For Mo Yeon, this was an indication that a day had passed–the time that she had left to be with Si Jin. The next few days will determine the fate of the two of them, and by now she had already knew how the outcome would be. Only one can survive, or maybe none at all.

   She sat beside Dr Athena's bed–or to be precise, Aleya's bed, fearing about the worst. All the words she had said to Si Jin moments ago, those words of comfort, might be honest to some extend, but in a whole, it was just a cover-up. She couldn't tell him directly even if she wanted to, because Sun Yang's goons were all around the hospital, eyeing at her all around with constant attention. One slip of the tongue, and that's it for her.

   Oh, how she wished that she could do something. She really needed to badly. Every conscious element in her mind was commanding her to do the right thing, to stiffen up and fight the bad guys. However, her fight would only cause Si Jin his life, and she didn't want that to happen.

   The restrains in her heart and mind were making her mad. It made her shake, her hands somehow trembling as she clutched them tightly in her struggle to fight it off. There's so much stress that her breathing felt heavy, and she was so emotionally disturbed that she really felt like crying. This roller-coaster ride in her soul in return was wrecking her entirely, crashing concrete walls and breaking unbreakable barriers that she had once reinforced herself with.

   She remembered everything–everything that Sun Yang had told her before he left. It traumatised her so much, that she eventually lost her sense of time.

*****

Several hours earlier
   "Crew expendable." Sun Yang replied coldly. "And you too."

   Mo Yeon shuddered. This plan was going way wrong for her from the start. However, she couldn't escape from it now. It's either her or Si Jin. "Wh....what..do you mean?" She asked, despite knowing the hidden truth behind his words.

   Sun Yang simply clicked his tongue, shaking his head with the utmost disgust. Finally, feeling somewhat pissed by her pathetic behaviour, the show of 'imperfect' humanity and the emotions of a weakling in which he considered was way idiotic, stupid, and above all, nonsense, he took out his large, black-coloured high-calibre Magnum. Without hesitation, he placed the muzzle on her forehead, pushing her aggressively to the floor. Then, he went on top of her, and showed her his most nastiest smile she would ever remember for the rest of her life. "Don't be a pathetic fool, Kang-sonsaeng! You know exactly what I mean!"