Chapter Seven-Part Three

"It's the man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."

(Buddha)

Uruk

Two-and-a-half hours ago
ROKA UNMIU Command

Prior to any official events, or any outdoor missions across the countryside, the UN would provide a security team to cover the person of utmost importance, especially in this volatile nation. The WHO Committee Meeting at the City Hall was no exception.

Ever since the venue had been chosen about a month ago, the UN security teams had already began screening the entire complex from any potential threats. Sentries were increased and patrols became more frequent around the perimeter of the building. The other noticeable feature around the complex was the increase in UN vehicle presence at the front gates. Initially, there were only two regular humvees with no weapons, but now, there were four heavily-armed vehicles parked alongside each other. Though it did not frightened the civilian population, the general public knew from the extensive UN presence over the past few weeks that something big and important was happening.

Six members from the WHO office from Wales, all of them with different nationalities, were the ones present. Uruk's President would be there for the meeting, and a special guest-Arab League's Presidet Mubarat, would be attending as well. President Mubarat's presence was a big relieve for the Uruk President, who had been wanting to get the viral outbreak in the country known so that the Arab League could deliver some important medical aid and expertise. The Uruk President's personal relationship with President Mubarat was also one of the reasons why the Arab League mattered more to the Premier compared to the UN.

President Mubarat didn't come alone obviously. Together with the security team in the command tent, President Mubarat's trusted personal bodyguard and three fellow men followed the briefing very carefully. His stern-looking face somehow worried Mo Yeon, who was sitting on the opposite side of the table.

The janitor gave her the paper and she had already knew what it was. Now, Mo Yeon had a problem of trying to bypass this guy.

"So here's our plan-our team will be the QRF, while Mubarat's bodyguards will be the first and last line of defense." Si Jin, the head of the operation, explained in English. "While we cover from any external threats, the bodyguards will be responsible for the lives of all the people inside that meeting room."

"Our primary objective would be to protect Dr Kang. Once she and her team is inside, the task will fall to the bodyguards." Si Jin's second-in-command, Captain Hong Guan of the PLASOF, who had also just returned along with his Chinese team from the failed reconnaissance mission in Kyrstova two days ago, continued with his arms crossed.

"Sun Yang's a wicked terrorist. He will do any way to make a mess of things. This event has attracted a large number of bigshots. Obviously, this is a golden opportunity for Sun Yang to exploit this situation." Si Jin warned. "I need all of you to be careful. One mistake....can cause significant damages."