Chapter Eight-Part Four

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)

Somewhere in China

Somewhere in China

   Sun Yang drove a stolen white Chery SUV through the countryside highway as the morning sun rose slowly above the horizon. The purple sky overhead, and the morning glow of the sun that touched his scarred face, greeted him with a beautiful spectacle of Mother Nature's awakening. It made him smile–he had never smiled for as long as he could remember, but the feeling of finally being able to return home somehow made him happy.

   He stared at the direction of the sun, narrowing his eyes as the rays touched his eyes. He felt dirty, wearing that vest and clothing that smelled like rotten eggs since he slipped away from the airport and stole a vehicle and then finally drove all the way here, but upon glancing at the orange ball of fire, he felt refreshed, alive. It was as if the Gods were treating him to a good sight, amd a good sight it was.

   He had forgotten the last time since he saw that wonderful spectacle, but obviously, it was way better than what he experienced during his early years in the Special Forces. There's no way he could compare that experience with that picturesqueness he was seeing right now. It was priceless, indescribable beyond words.

   He was driving on an empty highway, which was normal since it was still dawn and there were not many drivers on the road beginning midnight. He never slept, for he wasn't tired. The desire to live kept him awake. A part of his life had been filled with the dark memories of the past. This was the first time he was exceptionally happy to he able to witness the rise of the morning sun. Although he didn't know why, the scene gave him an extra boost in spirit to keep on going. Feeling refreshed, he focused on the wheel, as he drove towards a location he remembered by heart.

   His own castle–the place he called home.

*****

ROKA UNMIU Command
Uruk

   The first batch of wounded Uruk soldiers arrived at the hospital for immediate treatment by helicopter on a makeshift helipad that was once the parade grounds. Si Jin watched from a distance in the safety of his camp as he saw the wounded soldiers being wheeled into the hospital. Ever since the hospital was requisitioned by the Uruk Government to be an aid station for troops to recuperate, and by orders of the UN Command to let the government have it their way, Si Jin was riddled with worry. This was no good news.

   If this went on, the hospital will definitely swell with wounded soldiers by the end of the week. Plus, the viral infection wasn't over yet. This situation would definitely provide a condition for the virus in which it can thrive and spread. Not only that, Si Jin was typically concerned with the security of Mo Yeon, for he feared that a messed up soldier might try to harm her. Plus, there might be spies in there too, regardless of which affiliation they were.