Chapter Five-Part Four

"Every battle is won before it is fought."

(Sun Tze)

   Mo Yeon was at a lost for words when she finally saw him–real and without fault. That was indeed him, the person she once loathed at first sight, until she herself fell in love with him, the person who took a bullet to save her, and the person who gave her the happiness she had once missed. The person who was supportive all the way, and the person she would want to spend her time through thick or thin.

   That person–was none other than Major Yoo Si Jin.

*****

   Si Jin walked in a swagger towards the trio, passing the line of his own men. His eyes focused on her briefly, but his expression was dark and serious. It was not like what she had last seen back home before she left, for right now, Si Jin was in his elements. He appeared in front of her as a commanding officer, not her boyfriend.

   He passed by Mo Yeon and the two just like that, his eyes now focused entirely on his nemesis, who looked rather pleased with this small 'reunion'. Standing between Sun Yang and the trio, he stood in a rather relaxed stance, but deep inside his heart, he was well ready to act if anything went wrong–or if anything happened to Mo Yeon at any circumstances whatsoever.

   "It's good to see familiar faces." Sun Yang began with a mocking tone. "You know, I was about to share our little story with your girlfriend over here, but look what the wind blew in. Speak your name, and here you are." He chuckled.

   "I hope you don't spill out too much." Si Jin replied. "If you do, I don't know what I'll do next." And then, without looking back, he ordered his men. "All, form a line behind me!"

   The soldiers immediately got to their positions in between the Major and the small group, guns poised towards the enemy. Sun Yang looked rather impressed by the spectacular discipline of the soldiers, but nothing mattered to him more than the man standing in front of him. It was a classic case of a Mexican standoff and Sun Yang's enjoying every moment of it. Risking his life over the group was not his intention, though. The doctor just happened to be there.

   "Wow. Impressive." Sun Yang began, hands in his pockets.

   "From now on, all of you are permitted to shoot....if anything happens to the group." Si Jin relayed his command, ignoring Sun Yang's rhetoric. "Baek Jungwi..." He called out.

   "Ye, Soryeongnim."

   "Take Wonsa Han and the doctors back to their vehicles. Hasa Park will follow you."

   "Ye, algaesumnida." First Lieutenant Baek replied. Without further delay, the two men immediately escorted the three of them to their vehicle. Mo Yeon's bleeding leg was too painful to bear, causing Yoon Mi to have to help her out all the way to the humvee.

   They reunited in the worst of all circumstances, and Mo Yeon was worried right now about Si Jin, who was confronting the terrorist who claimed to know Si Jin. She didn't want to leave without him, but she knew despite her best wishes that if she stayed, it would only put Si Jin in a precarious position. As they moved further away from Si Jin, Mo Yeon managed to look back at him, but he never looked back. All she saw was his back amidst the row of soldiers.

   However, she can't just leave him back there without giving him some thoughts about her concern.

   Stay safe, Si Jin-ah. I need you.

   It was at that exact moment, when Mo Yeon was struggling to walk on her feet but her heart technically focused and worried for the man she loves, she saw him responding–not by words, but by his movements. He turned around, facing at her direction as their eyes met. It has been a long time since she had last seen his eyes–well, for ten days, but whenever his eyes caught hers, she could not stop feeling attracted to him. It was his weapon, but not only that, it was his way of expressing his sincerest thoughts to her.

Descendants of The Sun: The Second ChapterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara