Chapter Three-Part Three

"The reason we do what we do is because it must be done. I believe that I fight for the peace and freedom of the land we live on."

(Yoo Si Jin)

Five days before strike

   "Aigoo, Yeung Joon-ah! I told you not to come! I can go there myself!" His uncle exclaimed loudly, obviously surprised to see him even though he had asked Yeung Joon before to not come over.

   Yeung Joon, in his camouflage greens, grinned widely, his white teeth showing. "Like I said, when I want to do it, I'll do it."

   His uncle scoffed at his Yeung Joon. This young man in front of him really had a lot of confidence and charisma inside his soul-just like his father. Standing in his military uniform further projected his aura to a greater scale that even Uncle Bong had to rub his eyes mulitple times because Yeung Joon's masculine aura had blinded him slightly somehow. "Aish, jinjja! You really do keep your promises, huh? What, for Miss Jung, I suppose?" He poked with a witty smile as he took out a small brown box and placed it into a pink plastic bag.

   His uncle's question somehow made him blush. Well, his uncle got one fact right-he indeed was here to fulfill his promise to Yoon Mi. "A..aniyo! I'm just here to fulfill my promise to her, that's all! Nothing more, nothing less!" He spoke, trying to feign ignorance, not realising though that he was blushing.

   His uncle saw the red cheeks on his face and chuckled. "Eyh, don't try to twist the fact, young lad! I saw the way you looked at her that day! I saw everything! Looks like you like her!" He pointed a finger to Yeung Joon smilingly, as if he had won a jackpot. He passed the item to Yeung Joon, in which Yeung Joon politely accepted.

   "Ah, Uncle Bong! Who says I like her? She's not my type. You must be seeing things." He tried to deny that fact, but his urge to smile was beginning to betray him. "Well, I got to go. See you soon, Uncle Bong!" He wished as he quockly left the shop, not wanting to hear his uncle touching about that topic again.

   "Good luck, cowboy! You're going to need it!" His uncle replied loudly as he watched Yeung Joon walk away and disappeared from view.

*****

   "Dr Jung, somebody wants to see you." Min Ji notified.

   Yoon Mi, who was checking on a patient, looked up at Min Ji with a puzzled expression. "Jigeum? Nugu?" She asked as she placed her stethoscope around her neck.

   "Well...I am not so sure, but he said he knows you. He's wearing a military uniform." Min Ji replied while scratching her head.

   "He knows me? Military uniform?" Yoon Mi wondered, her left hand resting on her hip.

   "Ne, Jung-sem."

   Yoon Mi began to scratch her head with her pen. Then, she bit the tail of the pen. Somehow, the characteristics that Min Ji had described to her were awfully familiar to someone, but the identity of the person somehow was kept deep inside her over-the-max memory bank, refusing to reveal itself and lagging like an overworked computer. Unable to find the answer, she inquired. "What is his rank?"

   "Uh...I think..." She knitted her eyebrows, trying to remember the patterns on the soldier's collar. "Ah! Two stripes! Yes, two stripes!" Min Ji pointed her right index finger to Yoon Mi.

   That description 'two stripes' was more than enough to get her brain clicking again, all thanks to the 'research' she made through Wikipedia about military ranks of the army, and instantly, everything came into place. However, upon realising who was it, she gasped. "Omo! Ottoke?! Where is he now?" She asked swiftly, as if she was on the run.