Chapter Nine-Part Five

"Home is whenever you leave everything you love and never question that, it will be there when you return."

(Leo Christopher)

   She knew she was being totally heartless to use the Prime Minister's son as a means of escape, but she did have a plan for the son

   She knew she was being totally heartless to use the Prime Minister's son as a means of escape, but she did have a plan for the son. The problem was whether the father of the dying child could just let go of his egoistic roots and face the brutal reality for the first time. She could only pray and hope that this would work.

   "I have to do this." She whispered to Si Jin in Hangul.

   Si Jin seemed reluctant, but he eventually nodded his head slightly.

   "Mr Silvanos..." Mo Yeon called out, earning a glare from the man himself. "What about your son?"

*****

   The Prime Minister, Mr Silvanos, was stunned to hear her calling his son. A pang of emotions began to build inside him, and he was unsure of what to do. He froze on the spot, but eyes still glaring at the female doctor who had all the guts to bring up this sensitive matter. Just how in the world did she know about his son? Who was this woman he's handling with?

   "Wh..what are you talking about?" He tried to feign ignorance, but his stuttering failed him.

   "I'm talking about your five-year-old son, sir." Mo Yeon repeated.

   "How did you know about him?!" The Prime Minister was now furious. He didn't expect his personal life to be breached in such a way that they were now using his son as a bargaining chip. His anger boiled up to a level so dangerous he could actually blow his head off with it. Of it wasn't for the sniper outside, he could have shot them already. "Just how the hell did you know him?!"

   Si Jin cooly approached the table, ignoring the Prime Minister's anger while showing Mo Yeon that it was time for him to take over the situation. If there's a deal needed to be made, the best person to discuss with was none other than the Major himself. Mo Yeon stepped away from the matter completely, for she knew somehow that the discussion, in some ways, might get ugly.

   "So, how about we discuss this now, and we'll ensure that your son's safe?" Si Jin began. "I have my guys who can get me all the intelligence I want, and yours is not an exception. I must say.." Si Jin smirked at the man. "..you really had a lot of profits in your wallet, sir. What do you think the world will respond if they know about this?"

   "Just cut to the case! Tell me how you know about my son?!"

   "Simple. Hack into your files." Si Jin replied with great simplicity. "Our intelligence in Korea and the MSS have been seeking out Sun Yang's business partners for years, but it wasn't until the Seoul Station Incident that we intensified our search." Si Jin turned to Mo Yeon briefly, scanning the slightly stunned face of his woman. He knew that Mo Yeon would be surprised to hear this, but that's the world of secret intelligence. He turned back to the man. "You popped up in our list, and so, we dug deeper into you. It seems that your son's contracted the virus, and although the last vaccine managed to suppress it, the virus grew stronger. He's hanging by a thread."