Chapter Five-Part One

"You should keep precious memories buried in your heart."

(Yoo Si Jin)

Uruk International Airport
   After fourteen hours of flight and a brief stop at Dubai, the Korean Second Overseas Mission team finally arrived at Uruk. It was already ten in the morning, Uruk time.

   Mo Yeon felt a great sense of déjà vú upon returning to the land where memories were made

   Mo Yeon felt a great sense of déjà vú upon returning to the land where memories were made. This was the place where everything between Si Jin and her began, and now she's back for real. As she stepped out of the plane together with her team, the morning sun of Uruk instantly struck their skin, giving the team a warm welcome to the war-torn nation. As they got down of the stairs to the tarmac, Mo Yeon, with her eyes partially covered by her right palm to block the sun,managed to look around the airport.

   The airport, likewise, was still the same as before–still in its war-riddled fashion but slightly refurnished. The old blast side as a result of an artillery fire at one of the terminals was still present even though scaffoldings were set up to repair the damage, partially covered by blue polymer sheets. Atop the roof of the main terminal waved the flags of Uruk, and the awfully familiar sky-blue flag of the United Nations. Previously, the Korean flag was hoisted at that very flagpole.

   There were differences though. The airport had more people now, unlike the previous mission. At the far right of the airport where a special space was allocated to military vehicles, the space was now owned completely by the UN, their distinctive white-coloured vehicles with blue UN wordings parked at that very spot that once stationed the Korean Army. There were no more Korean soldiers around anymore. Instead, there were only men with digital desert camos and blue berets. The men somewhat maintained their position at that corner, restricting themselves from wandering around the airport too much. They were too far away for Mo Yeon to know what nationality they were, even though their skin colours showed that they were people from either Europe or the Northern American region.

   There were certainly more civilian planes too, a sign that the country was recovering.

   Finally stepping foot onto Uruk soil, Mo Yeon gathered her team altogether. Once, she looked at Dr Kim, who was beginning to regret wearing that fancy dress and high heels as she struggled to follow along with that big luggage of hers. Mo Yeon only shook her head at that pathetic sight.

   "So, what now, sunbaenim?" Yoon Mi asked, her eyes narrowed because of the sun.

   "We will wait. The UN promised to send some men over to pick us up." Mo Yeon responded, resting her left arm on one of her team member's luggage while looking around at the same time.

   She saw that very same spot at that corner of the tarmac, the spot where she saw Si Jin for the first time after eight months previously. She was shocked to see him at first, but who knew what fate had in store for them. She resented him around, but now, it was a different story. She missed him and wanted him to be here with her.