Chapter Seven-Part Five

"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

(J. Robert Oppenheimer)

   The terrorist strike masterminded by Sun Yang had a profound effect on the political scene of the nation

   The terrorist strike masterminded by Sun Yang had a profound effect on the political scene of the nation. With the death of the Uruk President from his gunshot wounds, the government declared a state of emergency. A rapid-response government was immediately established, and the Prime Minister assumed overall command until the next candidate was decided.

   Since the terrorist strike involved members from the North Uruk state, the emergency government needed to place the blame on someone. Ego was evident within the hearts of the ministers as Colonel Amang's body and those of his soldiers were used as proof to create a pretext of a provocation of war. Any common sense was disregarded, and two hours after the strike, the government enacted its own general orders–that all of its branches of the armed forces were to mobilise for a possible conflict with the North.

   What the Uruk Government did was against the UN resolution of restricting mobilisation of a huge military force for war. However, being a country stronger than the Northern rebels, the Uruk Republic couldn't let go of this golden opportunity to usurp back what they had lost during the war, now that Colonel Amang is dead. War was in the air as the Uruk military mobilised, and the UN suddenly found itself stuck in a political conflict, and the small peacekeeping force was unabke to react to anything except to step back and watch as the Balkan Peninsula prepared itself for another war.

   Of course the North Uruk government wasn't pleased. They felt accused by the Republic, and they too mobilised its forces.

   While the entire country braced for a second war, only a certain few knew what really happened. However, even with them knowing, there's no way of stopping an escalation of conflict.

   This is how it happened.....

*****

Mo Yeon's point of view
    "See? I got you there." Sun Yang jested. "You're wondering."

   "A...a...aniyo! I'm not!" Mo Yeon stuttered, trying to hide her curiosity from being exploited by Sun Yang.

   "Oh, come on, lady! Don't pretend that I don't know!" He stood up and walked towards her in a pace she considered dangerous. He reached her in a flash, closing the gap between them. In response, Mo Yeon retreated, but her limits were reached when her back touched the wall. Worse, Sun Yang continued to enroach into her personal space, until at one point he was so close that their noses nearly touched.

   It was a scary sight to be this close to this of violent man, the smell of evil evident and emitting from his body and radiating through her. The scar on his face–the red mark that had become a part of his soul, created some sort of an image only found in Gothic texts. The massive size of his body, the beating heart of a devil, all encompassed Mo Yeon's small and puny shield, easily penetrable without effort. It made her extremely uncomfortable, her heart beating so fast and her breathing became very heavy that each breath was equivalent to an act of pulling  a heavy load from the ground with a squeaking pulley. She struggled to regain her composure, but that made him squeeze her tightly, so much so that her cuest was rising and falling, rubbing his chest.