Chapter Four-Part Four

"I think we're bumping into each other as we pass by."

(Yoo Si Jin)

Six days before flight   Prior to her volunteering duties, Mo Yeon was given a week to prepare everything she needed for the trip

   Prior to her volunteering duties, Mo Yeon was given a week to prepare everything she needed for the trip. She was given half-day tasks in the hospital and her TV show was postponed until she returns. With all the free time in her hands, Mo Yeon decided to use it to learn about the virus even further. However, that doesn't mean that she had no time for herself, as on Tuesday, she kicked off her day with some shopping together with Myeong Joo.

"Gosh, I never thought that you will go back there again! You are one lucky woman, sunbaenim!" Myeong Joo exclaimed with a smirk on her face.

Mo Yeon couldn't help but to let out a smile of her own. Myeong Joo had been saying that line three times already and from the way she saw it, Myeong Joo will stay surprised for quite some time. "Like I said, it's work perk. I'll be there for three months."

"You said that you will go to the capital, right? As I recall, the capital is under UN control. We've sent some men over as UN peacekeepers." Myeong Joo crossed her arms. "If you and your team go there, I suppose that the UN will assign some men to protect you all."

Mo Yeon nodded her head in simpleminded fashion, assuming that she had already known how the military works. However, the moment she remembered Myeong Joo using the phrase 'peacekeepers' seconds ago, Mo Yeon's brain began working out on the similarities between the 'peacekeepers' and the one Si Jin was involved in previously. She glanced at the lady lieutenant, her source of information. "Jamkkanman, what's the difference between a peacekeeper and the one Si Jin was in?"

"Ah, you don't know?" She gave Mo Yeon a questionable stare, since she thought that Si Jin would have shared with Mo Yeon some little titbits about military allocations and assignments. "Anyway, UN peacekeepers, like its name, are peacekeeping units sent and controlled by the UN to monitor conflicted areas. They are not a fully-fledged fighting force, but rather a military unit that controls and guards, while ensuring a smooth transition of a nation's political system. UN peacekeepers consist of soldiers of various countries."

"Oh? Then, what about yours? Aren't they the same?"

"Technically, we are. The difference is that during our mission in Uruk, we were dispatched soldiers. Dispatched soldiers are just like troops in a holiday, except that we still have the same duties like the UN. We report to the UN despite being a rather independent peacekeeping force." Myeong Joo explained elaborately.

"Uwah, so much details. I don't know if I can follow." Mo Yeon chuckled at her own lack of knowledge.

"Simple! Just look at their hats!" Myeong Joo pointed to her head. "UN peacekeepers wear blue berets. That's why they are nicknamed 'Blue Berets'. Once you see them, you will understand what I've told you." Myeong Joo showed a cheeky smirk at the lady beside her. Mo Yeon, in response, simply blew a whose, unable to stand the power of Myeong Joo's superb confidence.