Chapter Eight-Part Two

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."

(Bruce Lee)

   Myeong Joo stepped out of her father's office, closed the door in a proper manner before she walked away through the hallway towards the clinic

   Myeong Joo stepped out of her father's office, closed the door in a proper manner before she walked away through the hallway towards the clinic. She took slow, baby steps as she walked, crossing her arms along the way as she brooded about the conversation with her father not long ago. The hallway was downright quiet as she walked, making her feel totally alone in that seemingly empty hallway, lit brightly by the fluorescent lights above. It was as quiet as the night outside, except that the sky was overcast. The lady First Lieutenant in her army greens and hair tied up could feel no less comfortable with the mission given to her, and her expression was so dull and gloomy that only the Gods can understand her inner conflicts.

   It's not that she disliked being given the mission. It was just that she had to do this solo, for her father couldn't risk sending anymore men as the mission would be compromised if more men were involved. She would be the coordinator of the rescue plan, but the problem was that she's well-trained to be an army doctor, and planning strategies wasn't her thing. She knew for sure that she would screw the entire mission up, but her father somewhat insisted her to take, giving claims that he trusted this secret mission to no one other than her only.

   The reason why she took it in the first place was simple–primarily, she wanted to see Dae Young, whom she learned from her father that he was sent to aid Si Jin following the disastrous incident. Secondly, she was deeply worried about her senior, whom she hadn't heard any news from the senior doctor for a long time. She recalled only twice the senior called her ever since Mo Yeon left for the volunteer trip. For one month after thay, she heard almost nothing. It was only through Dae Young that she eventually knew what was going on.

   The last reason was that she had already knew everything, including what Dae Young did during the mission with Si Jin five years ago against Sun Yang. It was her intense curiosity that drove her to find out what was really happening behind her back, and she managed to 'bribe' a Staff Sergeant from Foxtrot Team to help her out. That officer happened to be a hacker when he was in his teens before a juvenile case made him join the army to reconcile. It was lucky for Myeong Joo that the officer's skills were still in good shape. However, little did she know that she would discover something this secretive, and as a result, she was left in a state of distraught.

   It wasn't until one day when Dae Young was finally fit enough to return for duty that she decided to make him come clean. She purposely led him to an isolated area somewhere in the base, and then when he was about to talk for he thought that he could at least convince her, she passed him the file of her research rudely. As expected, as soon as Dae Young opened the file and read its contents, the sky immediately turned dark. He was surprised, out of his wits, that Myeong Joo had finally found out about his mission.