Chapter Seven-Part Six

"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

(Mary Wollstonecraft)

   The officers met at midnight as soon as Si Jin summoned them to

   The officers met at midnight as soon as Si Jin summoned them to. To the officers, it was quite a relief, for they were anxiously anticipating his final decision. The moment they entered the tent, they were met by the serious face of the standing Major who seemed to have everything sorted out.

   "So, you've made up your mind?" Yeung Joon smirked as he took his seat. The Major smirked back as the others glanced at the two men who looked like they had a clue.

   "I think I do." Si Jin replied. When it seemed that everyone was ready, he began the meeting. "So, it's on." He began, placing both hands on the table. "We'll catch Sun Yang..." He looked at his subordinates' faces. "....and we will secure Kang-sonsaeng, no matter what. We must NEVER, ever let her get harmed by all means possible."

   "That we can do, sir." Lieutenant Baek assured confidently. "That's our specialty. The only thing is...." He paused and rubbed his nose, "....how are we going to catch Sun Yang without breaking our backs?"

   Si Jin didn't answer. Instead, he gave Lieutenant Baek a straightforward look. It was a weird expression the Major was giving, and nearly everyone had this same idea that there was a strange atmosphere surrounding the Major. It was intimidating, and it made everyone literally uncomfortable. The rather abnormal scenario eventually ended when Si Jin cleared his throat and spoke, "Simple. We let them in."

   Now, what was the Major thinking about? Let them in? Is he serious? Everyone's eyes were directed instantly to the Major with stunned eyes. Even Yeung Joon was shocked–he had not seen this coming. "Are....are you serious, sir?" Han Yeol asked. "You want to let them in?"

   "That's the only way we can preserve our stealth, while getting close to Sun Yang." Si Jin replied flatly.

   "Are you sure about this, sir?" Hong Jun voiced. He had an uneasy look on his face. "You can't expect us to let the enemy just walk through the front door. There's ought to be a better plan than this."

   "Do you have any?" Si Jin questioned back in a rather unusually chllenging way.

   That was enough to shut Hong Jun up–well, unexpectedly.

   "If that is so, then we move on." Si Jin spoke. He glanced at Han Yeol firstly. "Wonsanim, I need you to run a background check on that structure. I need details of the building–blueprints, old designs, history, everything. Find out about any secret passageways or underground tunnels built in the past."

   "Ye, Soryeongnim." The Sergeant Major replied.

   The Major then turned his attention to the Chinese brothers. "As for you two, I need your team to secure a hundred-metre radius around the City Hall. Make sure to spot from buildings. With our Asian looks, even in plainclothes, we are still identifiable. Anyone that comes in or out, report to me."