Chapter Ten-Part Five

"Something very beautiful happens to people when their world has fallen apart: a humility, a nobility, a higher intelligence emerges just the point when our knees hit the floor."

(Marianne Williamson)

Haesung Hospital   Police vehicles lined the entrance as officers of all ranks cleared terrified civilians, staff, patients and doctors away from the danger zone

Haesung Hospital
Police vehicles lined the entrance as officers of all ranks cleared terrified civilians, staff, patients and doctors away from the danger zone. Shouts and screams and orders were voiced in cacophonous volumes, making the night chaotic. Black SWAT vehicles arrived at the scene some time later, and men in black tactical gear with the signature 'SWAT' syllable written at their kevlar's back unloaded from their transports.

Among those present in the SWAT Hostage Rescue Team was Captain Hong Do Yoon. However, he was not going to lead the team for the rescue today, for the task belonged to someone else. The SWAT team would act as the support group, tasked to clear the floors while the main assault team do the heavy lifting of removing Sun Yang from the picture. And Do Yoon knew no one better than his military colleague Yoo Si Jin and his brave crew of Alpha Team.

It was an agreement made and done desperately at the last minute, but Do Yoon was fortunately willing to contribute. With Sun Yang back to create more chaos in the country, Do Yoon was eager to settle the debt after what the terrorist had done at Seoul Station. After seeing the horrors of that fateful day, his heart-and probably the entire people of Korea, still burned the fire of vengeance to avenge the death of those countless of lives-young, old and innocent, lost that day.

Si Jin appeared together with his team a few minutes after the SWAT team arrived at the scene in a military vehicle, a direct contrast compared to all the law enforcement vehicles in the area. The humvee stopped just beside the SWAT transport, where it became the SWAT's base of operations. They unloaded from the vehicles, armed and ready as Do Yoon reached to greet them.

"We're just about to start the party." Do Yoon reached out for a handshake in which Si Jin responded and he patted Si Jin's left arm. "Good thing you arrive early."

"What's the situation?"

"We're clearing the hospital now, as you can see. From what I heard from our officers and the hospital staff, there are a few of them remaining in various floors, most of them at the ICU. They can't clear the patients in time without causing any implications."

Si Jin let out a heavy sigh as he placed his hands on his hips. He glanced at the main entrance where there were people still pouring out, some wheeling patients out with the help of police officers. When he turned to his back, a few cars away in a spacious parking lot, a few medical tents were set up in a single order. He noticed that patients would be brought to the tent before they were transferred to another hospital. Seeing those painstaking efforts delivered by those staff made Si Jin uncomfortable-this needs to end now. "We'll take care of Sun Yang, but I'll need you as backup." The men went into the command truck together. "Do you know where he is?"