The annual lunch

Today is the annual nurses lunch that the facilities organize for the nurses. They will have all the nurses from all the other facilities to meet up. It's a 4-hour lunch where the office manager and the owner will give out speeches give a couple of certificates and choose the nurse of the year give her a check for $500 than we will talk, eat and laugh.

This year it was a little different, instead of the break room they were having it in the Seminal Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood Florida. The nurses from the other facilities in south Florida will be attending the lunch.

I was standing in front of the mirror in my room checking out my outfit. I hope I was not overdressed. Every year I would wear a suit but this year I decided to do something different and wear a short black dress. I did a light make up ran my fingers thru my hair to mess with the curl up and put on my shoes grab my black Michael Kors clutch and head down stairs. I grab my keys walk out the door, locked it, got in my car and was on my way.

When I got there I park my car lucky me I found a parking space right in front of the hotel. I walk in the lobby I was greeted by a door man that directed me to the conference room where the lunch was being held. He opens the door for me and I walk right in. the décor was nice it was black, white and yellow with little butterflies on the table. Judith the head of the home I work for, signals for me to go seat with her at her table.

This year there was more people than the other years.

The host came up the stage and everyone started to clap their hands. This year's host was none other than Mr. Vladimir Adomovich himself. Usually the host is one the office managers.

"As you all may already see this year this lunch will be a little different."

He looks different, he has more facial hair and his hair is longer.

"we're going to be hearing from all the office managers that will be telling us about the facilities they work in and about the progress that their employees have been making, and we will watch a short video from each facility."

He was going on and on with his speech I could care less about what he was saying. He made a couple of jokes we laughed and clapped. He announced each office manager and they would go up there and talk. Last but not least he called Mrs. La Vasquez. She went up the stage she didn't say much since she hasn't been working in the facility for too long, then came the video. Oh my god I could swear I was in 75% of this damn video smiling, laughing, hugging the Patients feeding some of them and passing out food. I was wondering when did all this happened who recorded all this.

Now they were serving the food and drinks. I turn to Judith and ask her.

"who took these pictures and when?" she looks at me and smile.

"I have no idea"

We were eating and talking to each other while some elevator music was playing in the back ground.

"ok everybody it's the time to pass out the certificates and announce the nurse of the year"

he and the office managers call out the people and give them their certificate. Now they were about to announce the nurse of the year everybody was so nervous, I don't know for what it was just $500 a piece of paper and a hand shake from the owner. I'm not trying to be a hater I just don't see the purpose of all this as rich as they are they can do a little better than just $500. We work very hard throughout the year we deserve better.

"so the nurse of this year is drum roll please" he pauses.

We were all beating on the table

"JUDITH Jean-Claude"

"oh shit did he just say my name" Judith who I've never heard curse before turn to me and said.

"yes girl he sure did now go up there" she smiles and get up she was so nervous she tripped on her on foot and almost landed flat on her face, but I caught her by the harm. I asked her if she was ok she shook her head and went up the stage.

It was the end of the lunch everyone started to leave I was getting ready to leave when Vladimir came and sat right next to me.

"hi Ms. Pierre"

'hi Mr. Adomovich". He gives me a funny look

"ahhaa my bad Vladimir"

"that's much better"

"so did you enjoy the lunch"

"yeah I did I like the fact that finally some body in the Pembroke facility won" I wanted to also tell him that it was also nice that this year it was not $500 it was a three days' vacation cruise to the Bahamas all expenses pay and $1000 but I kept that part to myself.

"how long have you been working for us?"

"almost 4 years" I say blankly.

We talk about random stuff he asks me if I like working in the facility. I couldn't really concentrate on what he was saying all I could think of was how sexy his facial hair looks and how bad I want to touch his face. Damn Juna snap out of it before he realizes you staring, I thought to myself.

"so where you going after this?"

"hmmm" I have no idea what he just said to me I'm lost in his face.

"where are you going after you get out of here?"

"oh I'm going home to watch TV or take a nap"

"can I come with you?"

"excuse me?" I said to him

"It was a joke"

"hmm ok"

"but seriously why don't you come with me I'm going to meet up with my brother and a couple of friends for drinks"

"drinks so early in the afternoon I don't know"

"why not just come you'll see it will be fun you off tomorrow anyway"

"ok no Problem"

"good let's go"

I follow him outside he suggests that we go in his car and will bring me back later to pick up my car. I got in his car it was a black Maserati Ghibli. Damn this car was as sexy as him.

"so where are we going"

"oh it's a bar in Boca that we always go to for some drinks"

"oh ok"

   Thanks for reading please comment and vote