five

One of the first things Tyler does when he gets home is rifle through his drawers in a futile attempt to find any stray pencils.  Tyler isn't always the best at keeping up with things—which is why he made sure to keep extra pencils on him in the first place—and Zack will have his ass if he has to buy him more pencils any time soon.

Tyler just finished rummaging through the last drawer, slamming it shut with a huff before crawling towards his bed, laying on his stomach as he retrieves his phone from his back pocket.  He turns on his phone's flashlight, lighting up the darkness underneath his messy bed, and he slithers a little further to get a better look.  He wouldn't be surprised if he found any sort of bug hiding in the clutter down there, if he's completely honest.

Tyler eventually finds a pen, which won't help him during math (Mr. Lassiter will literally take ten points off for using pen instead of pencil, which is honestly fucking bullshit in Tyler's opinion), but he'll take it if the ink comes out smoothly.

Tyler pulls himself from under the bed, bringing the pen and a lighter he thought he lost months ago with him.  Tyler's pretty happy about that, though; he can finally burn his candles again.

He burns his marshmallow scented candle and grabs a notepad out of his desk, scribbling on the margin with his new pen, and the ink comes out decent enough for him to tolerate it.  He puts the pen in his bag.

Tyler doesn't have any homework he needs to be working on any time soon, so he plops down onto the bed, grabbing his laptop off the nightstand when he's comfortable.  He opens YouTube, planning to watch everyone's favorite chinless fuck, until there's a knock at his bedroom door.  

Zack doesn't bother waiting for a response before pushing the door open.  Tyler glances up from the computer screen as the older man enters, seemingly distressed.

"You okay?" Tyler asks his brother quietly, earning a shake of the head from said man.

"Not feeling so hot, so dinner's on you, unless you want me to order a pizza or something?"

"Pizza's fine," Tyler answers.

"Yeah, so I'll go order the pizza. Open the door when the pizza guy gets here, okay?"

No, not okay.

Tyler opens his mouth to protest, but Zack is stressed and probably sick, and Tyler doesn't want to be selfish, so he closes his mouth and nods instead.  Zack smiles appreciatively.

"Thanks, T-bro," and with that, Zack's gone again.

<><><>

Tyler's startled when the doorbell suddenly rings roughly half an hour later.  He puts his laptop aside and trudges downstairs, growing more nervous with every step he takes towards the front door.

Zack left money for the pizza man on the coffee table, so Tyler grabs that on his way.

Tyler takes a deep breath before he opens the front door, and he's instantly greeted by Josh Dun.

Just kidding, the pizza man is some punk guy who introduces himself as Frank.

Tyler smiles anxiously at the shorter guy when he gives Tyler the pizza along with some paper thing he has to sign.  Tyler just draws a squiggly line before handing it back to Frank, along with the money, and Frank wishes him a good night.  Tyler returns it in a small voice before closing the door and locking it.

That wasn't so bad, Tyler calms himself as he takes the pizza into the kitchen.

<><><><><><>

an: i should be updating again within the next twenty four hours or so :^)