twenty eight

Josh was only able to stay at Tyler's until around four; his parents called and told him to go back home, but Zack was already back home by that time, so Tyler didn't worry about loneliness.  He had spent the rest of his day fucking around on the internet.

<>

Now it's Saturday morning, and Tyler's only been awake for a few minutes before someone's knocking on the door.  Zack doesn't usually work on weekends, so he remains in bed comfortably.  Zack likes to bring up that he's paying bills and shit and how his name is on whatever paperwork, so he can get the door too.

Another moment goes by, and whatever asshole's outside starts spamming the doorbell to the point that the brunette will lose his fucking shit if it doesn't stop, so he forces himself out of the warmth of his blankets and into the biting cold of his room.

"Answer the fucking door, Tyler!" Zack shouts from his room, aggravated as well, as Tyler scrambles for his hoodie, pulling it on.

"Going!" Tyler calls back, carefully making his way downstairs to answer the door—and this person won't fucking relent, the fucking audacity of this guy...

Tyler pushes himself onto his toes to reach the peephole, smiling to himself as he sees fine ass Josh Dun.  He quickly works at the lock—and the ringing finally stops—and opens the door, earning a soft meow in response.

Wait—what the fuck?

Tyler looks to his friend incredulously, earning a smirk in return as Josh steps into the house, the smaller of the two closing the door behind him.

"Sorry I just showed up, I left my phone at home while I was on a walk," Josh starts, and he reaches into his hood and literally pulls out a fucking cat (why did Josh have a fucking cat in his hoodie? Could the poor thing even breathe like that?).  Josh continues as he holds the small animal in his arms, much like you would hold an infant baby, "And ran into this little thing—I see her wandering outside all the time, I'm pretty sure she's a stray."

Tyler's gaze drops to the cat; she's super pretty, and he finds himself grinning widely at her.  He reaches out to pet her, but she growls lowly.  Tyler quickly drops his hand to his side as he flushes again, embarrassed by rejection, even though it's just an animal.

"No, no," Josh says, stepping a little closer to Tyler, "Pet her anyways, she'll warm up to you."

Tyler hesitates for a moment before reaching out to her again, earning another growl, but he does his best to ignore it as he gently runs his thumb along the top of her head.  He's surprised as she closes her blue eyes contently, and he smiles again.

"She's so cute," Tyler whispers, moving his hand down to pet her under her chin, the small cat tilting her head to give him more room.

"She's really sweet, too," Josh agrees, moving the cat towards the smaller boy, offering to hold her.  Tyler holds his arms out so Josh can hand her over, and she growls in protest until Josh pets her head. "I can't keep her, though. You'll do it?"

Tyler looks up to his friend, "I don't know... Zack might let me."

"Ask, I'll go with you," Josh smiles to the smaller of the two, and Tyler nods as he leads the other upstairs and to his older brother's room.  Josh knocks on the door for Tyler, since his hands are kinda full, and Zack tells him to come in.

Zack glances at the two of them as they enter, and he looks surprised as Tyler steps closer with the feline in his arms.

"U-uh," Tyler stutters, trying to gather the right words so he doesn't fuck this up, "Josh brought this stray, and, like, he said he's not able to take care o-of her, and it's, uh, starting to get cold outside too, s-so—"

"So, you wanna know if we can keep can keep it," Zack finishes for his brother, not sounding too pleased as he speaks, and Tyler starts to feel really uneasy, especially since Josh is standing at the doorway; he doesn't want his friend to witness Zack lashing out on him if such reaction comes up.

"U-uh, yeah..." Tyler trails off, voice small and unsure.  

Zack glances to Josh, then the cat, and back to Tyler, and he seems to be pondering for a moment.

"Tyler, this cat won't be priceless taking care of," Zack starts, "We'll have to buy food, litter, and she's been outside, we'll have to buy shampoos for her dirty ass fur—probably has bugs galore. We'll have to get her declawed, too, or she'll mess up our furniture, and that isn't cheap either."

And Tyler smiles, because this is a good sign.

"I-I'll take good care of her," Tyler promises, and Zack dismisses the teenagers from his room.

"What are we gonna name her?" Tyler asks as Josh closes Zack's door, and they both enter Tyler's room instead.

"I honestly have no idea," Josh shrugs as they approach the bed, and the cat wiggles in Tyler's hold, so he lets her down onto the bed.

"Me neither," Tyler says, watching his new cat as she leaps off the bed gracefully, sniffing around her new surroundings.

<><><><><><>

i tried to describe the cat but i suck at that kind of thing :^( but like she has white fur with some brown, blue eyes, a small nose, big paws, and messy whiskers :^) and she's super thin btw, and maybe the size of an infant too.

and i dont know what to name the cat yet omg :^o and if you guys don't like the cat, just let me know, i'll make her run away or something xD

thanks guys! <3