twenty one-- not gonna make a pun

Tyler's having trouble finding sleep as he lays next to Josh in a bed he's never slept in before.  He's been to a few sleepovers in the past, and he's noticed that every time he spent the night for the first time with a different person, he'd find himself still awake as the early hours slowly approach.  He's not exactly sure what it is that keeps him up, but he has a few ideas.

One—he doesn't know whether or not he snores, and if he does, he doesn't know how bad it is, and he's not too keen on finding out from Josh.

Two—he has been described as a wild sleeper and a blanket hogger by his family, and he also tends to gravitate towards warmth, if you know what he means.

Three—it's a bit pathetic, honestly, but he's afraid of the dark—or, what lurks in it.  Being in this house for the very first time, he has no idea what kind of ghost fucker could be wandering as he sleeps, or whether or not he should be afraid of him, and with that in mind, it's difficult to ignore every sound he hears throughout the darkness of the house.

And so, Tyler lays awake, staring at the wall inches from his face, until the sun begins to slowly illuminate the room.  

He rolls over in bed only to be greeted by Josh's back.  He carefully pulls his tired body into a sitting position and peers over Josh's form, not surprised (but disappointed) that his friend is still asleep.

Tyler straightens his legs a little, but they're sore from being in the same position all night, and he wants to walk around a bit.  Josh is between him and the open room, so Tyler has to get off over the footboard, unless he's okay with literally crawling over Josh.

The former seems to be the easier route, so he crawls down the bed slowly to avoid waking his friend.  Tyler pulls himself up straighter to get his leg over, and Josh fucking coughs in his sleep, and Tyler's bitch ass gets scared and lurches forward with a yelp.

Tyler's on the floor and in more pain than before (rhyme game strong yessir), and Josh is definitely wide awake now, so essentially, Tyler went through his trouble for nothing.

"Tyler, holy shit," Josh breathes, voice gravelly from just waking up, and he peeks over the footboard at Tyler, who just lays on the floor, curled up and stripped of his dignity. "Are you alright?"

Tyler lets out a dramatic, distressed hum, and Josh chuckles a little at it.

"Well, it's..." a very brief pause, "Almost seven. Do you wanna sleep or are you up?"

Tyler shrugs, speaking in a small voice, "I dunno."

Josh laughs again, "Alright, but get off the floor, Shybutt," Josh says as he gets up from the bed himself, walking around the bed to hold a hand out to the lump of pathetic on the floor.  Tyler takes the hand gratefully, wincing as Josh pulls him up to his feet, because holy shit, that actually hurt.

"What time are you leaving today?" Josh asks, leading the smaller boy out of the room.

Tyler shrugs, "Whenever you want me to leave."

"If it were up to me, we'd be roomies," Josh teases, jogging down the stairs.  Tyler takes his time, because he's as clumsy as he's prone to losing his shit.  Josh smiles to Tyler as he notices the blush warming his cheeks brought on by what Josh had said, and Tyler shyly smiles back to his friend.  "You're really cute, Tyler."

That doesn't help Tyler's blush at all, and he ducks his head to hide it.

<><><><><><>

an: would anyone be opposed to me adding thanksgiving and christmas into the fic? i think i might wanna do it but i wanna make sure you guys are chill with it if i do :^)