sixty five

Tyler and Marie play that same game for the next several hours, incredulously so on Tyler's part; the end of the storyline was... a bit disturbing, honestly, and he won't share to avoid any possible spoilers.  But like Marie had previously promised, it wasn't really a scary game at all and the younger played it easily after getting the hang of his aim.

"What time is it?" Marie asks when Tyler dies, giving him a chance to take a break.  Said boy glances around the room for a clock or something, and decides to just press the home button on Marie's phone—which was right next to her on the floor—when he doesn't find one, hoping the older woman doesn't mind; someone once flipped shit when he pressed the button on their phone, and he'd like to avoid another reaction like that if he can.

"3:02," Tyler answers, and the older woman curses under her breath.

"Do you think I'll be able to make it to the school on time, or should I make them take the bus?"

"I don't know if the bus driver will let Josh onto Brendon's bus," Tyler shrugs apologetically.

"Dammit, you're right," Marie sighs, hitting pause before pushing herself to her feet, "Wanna come with me?"

"Okay," Tyler agrees, following her to the door to get their shoes.

<>

"Brendon said he'd be a minute because he has to find Josh," Marie says as she pulls into a parking space in front of the school, "I don't know why he can't just tell him to meet him at the courtyard, but whatever floats his boat."

"Brendon's weird," Tyler agrees, and an amused smile breaks out onto the older's face as they look out at all the students hanging out on aforementioned courtyard.  It's dumb crowded, and the idea of him even standing against the walls makes him uneasy; he would much rather head straight to his destination and lower the risk of something awful happening.

They only wait a few minutes before Josh approaches the car and climbs into the back seat with Tyler, greeting the younger with a kiss on the cheek that surprisingly leaves the younger blushing.  Can you fucking believe it?

"Hey, Marie," Josh addresses the woman in the front seat.

"Hey, love. Where's Brendon?"

"Talking to Pete's bitch ass," Josh says, maybe a bit bitterly, pointing out the window towards the courtyard.  Tyler looks in that direction, and surely enough, he sees Brendon, Pete, and a somewhat familiar blue haired girl by the flagpole, and Pete seems to have an arm wrapped around the girl's—Ashley, if he recalls correctly—waist, and he can't help but wonder if they're dating or something.  I mean, Pete was literally flirting with him last weekend, was he not?

Marie grumbles about how Brendon's always holding her up like this as she rolls the window, and Tyler prepares himself for a raised voice.

"Brendon Boyd Urie, if you don't bring your watermelon-headed ass over here!" she shouts out, gaining not only the attention of Brendon and his friends, but also a decent handful of the kids polluting the courtyard.  Teens erupt in laughter and joke on poor Brendon as he shamefully makes his way to the car.

"You're a bully," Brendon whines as he climbs  into the passenger seat, "All that extra was not necessary."

"Shut up, Brendon. Seatbelts on, loves."

Brendon only crosses his arms and glares out the window, "I'm not putting mine on; if you get a ticket, it'll serve you right for being rude."

"If we get into an accident and you die, it'll serve you right for being a fucking idiot."

"I'd be dead so it wouldn't bother me, but if you get a ticket, you still have to suffer the consequences—and if I die, you also get to suffer the pain of my loss, which'll serve you right for not appreciating me while I'm living."

"Brendon, I'm about to smack the shit out of you, and it'll serve you right for having a mouth as big as your forehead, and you'll have to suffer the consequences of getting slapped in the face and being on punishment, so try again."

Brendon doesn't say anything after that so Marie turns on the radio, and Tyler sits there awkwardly while Josh does his best to contain his laughter.

<><><><><><>

thank you guys! <3