ten

Zack calls Tyler down for dinner, but Tyler ignores him as he drowns himself in his mass of blankets on his bed.  He absent-mindedly grazes the pad of his thumb over his hurt arm, the contact causing the burns to sting.  They're not so bad; he's inflicted worse.

Zack calls again, but Tyler doesn't budge.  

A moment later, Zack knocks on the door before it's pushed open, then he feels the bed dip down next to him.

"Hey, T-bro," Zack says quietly.  He sounds sad.  Tyler knows that he feels guilty.

"Hey..." Tyler responds, but he sounds a bit distant, and Zack sighs.

"I'm sorry for earlier," Zack says, "Will you take the covers down?"

Tyler hesitates for a moment before pushing the covers down to his waist, revealing his wet, blotchy face.  Zack's hand immediately goes to Tyler's hair, and the younger boy relishes the comfort being offered from his brother.

"You're not a leech, okay? I'm so happy to have you as my little brother, and I love you so much. More than anything, alright?"

Tyler sniffs looks his brother in the eyes, and Zack seems to have meant everything he said.  Tyler nods his head, and Zack motions for him to sit up, so Tyler does so.  Zack immediately pulls his brother into his side, arm wrapped around his smaller frame as Tyler leans his head onto Zack's shoulder.

"I'm the worst brother ever, I'm so sorry," Zack laments, and Tyler shakes his head the best he can while having it pressed against the other's shoulder.

"Some brothers have committed fratricide," Tyler mumbles, and Zack laughs a little at that.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But that doesn't justify my actions either, though. I'll make it up to you, okay?"

Tyler nods, and Zack begins to stand, "Come down for dinner? I ran by and got Taco Bell to try and cheer you up."

Tyler perks up a little at that.  "What'd you get?"

"Chalupas, of course," Zack smiles, motioning for Tyler to walk with him.  Tyler returns his smile with a smaller one of his own before pulling himself out of bed, following Zack out of the room.