fifty nine

thanks again to @NovaFire14 man she gave me the suggestion for this chapter :^3

<><><><><><>

Tyler really wishes that he had been born a girl, because if he were, he'd be sitting in the dean of girls' office.  The dean of girls' has always been easy on the girls she's disciplined due to her kind nature, especially when dealing with girls who are quiet—like Tyler.  

But Tyler's a boy and always has been, so here he is, sitting in Mr. Bryson's office with Zack fuming in the seat next to him as the dean of boys' explains Tyler's punishment without a hint of remorse for the timid boy.

And yeah, Tyler has definitely fucked up.

<>

The tension is thick and suffocating as Zack drives the two of them home, glaring at the road as he refuses to look or speak to the younger.  Tyler has no idea what awaits him when he gets home, but God, he doesn't wanna find out.

<>

"What the fuck, Tyler?!" Zack raises his voice as soon as they enter the house, slamming the door so harshly that it rattles the windows.  Tyler flinches and cowers away from the older man, keeping his gaze to the wall behind him as he fiddles with his fingers anxiously.

"I—" Tyler squeaks out, only to shut his mouth again upon being interrupted.

"Shut up, Tyler! I don't wanna hear any excuses from you!"

Tyler takes in a shaky breath and nods weakly, and Zack continues.

"How did you get yourself fucking suspended, Tyler, for a whole fucking week?"

And Tyler's not sure if he's supposed to respond to that or not; the older man just told him to shut up and said that he didn't wanna hear excuses, but what if he labels his response as an excuse?

"Five, four, three," Zack starts, and fuck, Tyler doesn't know what to say, and Zack reaching one will surely put him on his deathbed, and Tyler blurts out the first thing that comes to his panicked mind.

"I was defending myself!"

"By skipping, being uncooperative and disrespectful, and assaulting staff?" Zack lists off, glaring down to the younger with a look that reaches beyond one an angry parent would possess while scolding a misbehaving child.  Zack looks enraged—like he wants to put his hands on him and hurt him again.  Tyler can't help but think that maybe his brother wouldn't be quite this angry if it weren't for the bad tension brewing between them for going on three days.

"I—I was just sitting out-outside—"

"I don't wanna hear your fucking bullshit excuses, Tyler!"

"I'm trying to explain myself!" Tyler shouts back, surprising the older man, but Tyler's too overwhelmed to care as he continues, "Why can't you just fu—just listen to me, for one freaking second?!"

And Tyler then finds himself on the floor before he can process a hand coming towards him with a force strong enough to knock him off his feet, and he pulls himself into a sitting position to cradle his abused cheek in his own smaller hand, tears threatening to spill as he stares in shock at his brother's feet.  He expected his brother to hit him, yeah, but it devastates the smaller boy anyway, because he got struck again by his best friend, and his best friend is screaming at him now.

"How fucking dare you talk to me like that?! After every fucking thing I do for your ungrateful ass?"

And Tyler doesn't bother to hold back his tears as the guilt trip starts, letting go of his face to hold his knees against his chest, letting his tears soak the fabric of his jeans as Zack doesn't relent.

"I took you in because Mom and Dad don't give a single fucking shit about you!  I can easily take care of me and me alone, but here comes Tyler, who also needs food and water and clothes and all of life's necessities that, by the way, aren't fucking cheap!  And despite all that, I spend extra money on shit you don't even need so you can be happy and comfortable! Your Wii, your computer, your games, you fucking phone bill! I buy you fucking everything when you could easily get a job so you can buy your own fucking shit! I'd give the world for you, Tyler, but you only come into my house and break my shit and show disrespect! You're not my fucking kid, I shouldn't have to take this shit from you! I—I—you know what, just please get out of my fucking face, Tyler!"

And Tyler, who was still shaking on the floor and trying his best to contain his sobs by the time Zack finished his rant and ultimately wounding Tyler with every word spat, pulls himself shakily onto his feet.

But instead of running to his bedroom like Zack probably expected, Tyler flings the front door open and dashes away from the house, leaving all his belongings behind.    

<><><><><><>

thank you guys! <3