eighty two

an: haha does anyone wanna add me on snapchat lmao i need more friends sksksksksks

but oof i wanna see waterparks live so bad in november like theyre gonna be so close and im probably gonna cry if i miss out on them ripp

<><><><><><>

Tyler can't help but briefly wonder if he's getting himself involved with the wrong crowd this school year; he feels like he's been skipping and getting into a lot of trouble lately, and his new friend group seems to be all for his new behavior.

The thought is pushed to the back of his mind for now, though, as Josh sniffles from next to him. He's doing it for a good cause this time—his boyfriend's not doing too good and needs him right now. That's a good reason to skip class again, right?

He allows himself to be lead to the bleachers, Josh speaking as they sit at the top of them, "I'm gonna call Marie, she'll understand."

Tyler nods in agreement as he leans into Josh's side, resting his head on the older boy's shoulder as he dials the woman's number. They sit in silence for a moment, Josh sniffling occasionally as he waits for her to pick up.

"Hey, Marie," Josh starts eventually, voice a bit shaky as he speaks. "I don't think I can do school today. Can you—can you take me and Tyler home?"

Tyler tries to tone in on what Marie's saying on the other end of the call, but he's terribly unsuccessful. It shouldn't be difficult to get an idea based on Josh's responses.

"Um, it's the anniversary of my sister Ashley's death and I don't, I don't think I'll make it today, I keep crying and it's all I can think about and I-I was up all night thinking about it and I need Tyler with me."

Tears begin spilling from Josh's eyes again, and the brunet reaches up to wipe them away. He can't hear what Marie's saying, but her tone sounds very sympathetic as she speaks on the other end. She speaks for a good moment, Josh sniffling throughout as he looks in Tyler's direction for only the second time that day. It breaks Tyler's heart how tired and pained he looks as they meet eyes, the tears unceasing.

"Yours if it's okay. I don't wanna be at mine right now."

Marie seems to give another speech as Josh looks away, gazing over the track before them. He wonders what Marie could be saying right now—most likely encouraging things, he's pretty sure of it. She's a very empathetic and compassionate person from what he knows about her so far.

Josh laughs a little, but it's a very sad one. It makes Tyler's heart ache. "Thank you so much for everything, Marie. I really do love you."

This time, Tyler's heart flutters a little. He wonders what it's like to have Josh say those words to you.

The call ends and Josh puts his phone away before helping Tyler up, "Marie's gonna pick us up when she drops Brendon off. He's kinda annoyed because he can't skip with us, though."

"Why can't he?" Tyler asks, tilting his head a little.

"I don't know, I didn't ask," Josh offers another humorless laugh as he takes the smaller boy's hand, said smaller boy blushing as he's lead to the pick-up line.

<>

They've only been standing there for roughly seven minutes before Marie's car pulls up along the curb a bit away from where the two are standing. They head towards the car as Brendon gets out of the passenger seat.

Brendon stops the two of them as they near each other, concern written all over his expression despite apparently being annoyed as he looks between the younger two of the three.

"What's happening?" Brendon asks, seeming a bit horrified when he notices the tears drying on Josh's cheeks.

"I'll tell you later," Josh mutters a little, avoiding their friend's eyes and turning his head away.

"Okay..." Brendon furrows his brows, and Tyler can tell how worried he is for the red haired boy. He offers a small smile at Brendon when he looks towards him, hopefully reassuring his older friend. Brendon smiles back a little. "School's gonna be so dead without you guys today."

And he's moving around them with that, leaving the two semi-alone yet again. They continue their pursuit of the car again, climbing into the back seat when they finally get to it.

"Y'all want the radio on, loves?" Marie asks warmly as she glances at them through the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, please," answers quietly with a nod, leaning his head against the window as he grasps Tyler's hand in his yet again. The brunet gives it a small comforting squeeze as Marie drives away from the school.

<><><><><><>

an: i love y'all sm you guys make me so happy, thank you sm! <3