sixty seven

an: have i thanked you guys for 4k views yet?  thanks guys a bunch!  you guys are wild :^) <3

<><><><><><>

It didn't take long for the rice krispies to finish and cool enough to serve.  Marie had called Brendon down with the offer of the homemade treat, and the boy was downstairs and devouring the rice krispies in a heartbeat, as if he wasn't just angry minutes prior.  

And after trying the snack for himself, Tyler decides that it's definitely better than actual rice krispies; maybe because it's warm and made with marshmallows and butter.  

But unfortunately for Josh, his phone rings only after his first bite.  

"Bet it's home," Josh mumbles to Tyler as he fishes his phone from his pocket, and the the younger can't help but note that the older didn't clean his sticky fingers first.  The thought is gone as soon as it came when Josh sighs before speaking up, "Just gonna take this call, leave me some."

And with that, he leaves the kitchen for at least a bit of privacy as he answers the call, and Tyler also can't help but feel upset as he predicts that Josh's parents are going to tell him to come home now.  What do they always call him home for, anyways?  Chores?  A target?

Tyler tries not to dwell on the subject as he turns his focus back to avoiding making a mess with his snack, unlike gross Brendon, who still scarfs down the food like it's gonna disappear if he gives his jaw a break.

Josh returns a moment later, and he clearly isn't happy with the conversation he just left as he speaks again, "Marie, my parents want me home. Can you drive me?"

"Sure thing, love," the woman agrees, turning to wash her hands at the sink before grabbing her keys.

"Is Tyler staying though?" Brendon asks, mouth sticky from the treats, and Tyler looks away, disgusted.  

"Yeah, he's staying," Josh answers, landing a quick kiss to said boy's cheek before grabbing a handful of rice krispies and heading towards the door.

"Bye, Josh!" Tyler calls out to the older boy.

"Steal Brendon's phone if you want me!" Josh returns before closing the door behind him.

"Why my phone?" Brendon asks, brows furrowed as he continues to stuff his face.

"I don't have mine," is all Tyler says, and Brendon doesn't push—probably too focused on eating to care.

"Since Josh isn't here anymore, I think I'll invite Pete over for an assignment we were assigned," Brendon informs the younger, "You don't have any beef with him, right?"

"Uhh... Not really..." Tyler trails off awkwardly.  

And dude, Tyler's gonna have a lot of makeup work when he returns, now that he thinks about it.  He fucking hates makeup work; he has to do it on top of the work currently assigned and it puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on him.  

He's also a lazy fuck, both are valid reasons.

"Awesome! I'll invite him over real quick," Brendon chirps, licking his fingers before retrieving his phone from his pocket.

Tyler finishes the last of the rice krispies before washing the sticky shit off his hands as Brendon texts Pete.  

The younger boy really wishes he didn't leave his phone at home.  Maybe he'll ask for Brendon's when Pete comes over, since he'll be busy with work.  Maybe Marie would let him borrow hers as well?  

He's not sure, and most likely won't even ask to find out.

<><><><><><>

thank you guys! truly do love ya <3