eleven

Tyler and Zack eat their chalupas and watch movies on Netflix together for the rest of the day, having a brotherly snuggle, despite Zack not feeling well.  Tyler loves having movie nights with his older brother and they didn't happen too often these days since Zack actually doesn't like tv; he's more of a video games guy.

Unfortunately, it's Wednesday, so Tyler has to go to bed no later than ten, unless he's okay with nearly falling asleep in class— he isn't.

So, Tyler finishes the movie he and Zack were watching about ten minutes past ten before Tyler is off to get ready for bed.  Zack tidies up a little before doing the same because, you know, he's sick and needs rest.

Tyler flicks off the light and crawls under the blankets, snuggly and warm, and closes his eyes to fall asleep.

Until his eyes snap open when his phone emits an alert.  

Tyler grabs his phone, seeing a notification from Kik.

Tyler forgot that he gave Josh his Kik earlier that day.  Oops.

Tyler swipes at his screen, puts in his passcode, immediately opening the rarely used app.

    josh: Hey Tyler.

    tyler: hey

    josh: How are you?

    tyler: im doing alright, wbu?

    josh: Tired but I can't sleep.

    josh: And sorry for not texting you sooner, shit happened lol.

Tyler furrows his brows, a little worried from the two messages.  If he's tired, why can't he sleep?  And whenever Tyler sees 'lol' followed after things like 'shit happened,' he takes it as a bad sign.

    tyler: would you like to talk about it?

    josh: Nah, you shouldn't worry your pretty little head about it :)

Tyler blushes as he reads that message; he's pretty sure Josh is flirting with him.  He sucks at flirting, so he just brushes it off.

    tyler: you sure?

    josh: I'm sure, Shybutt.

Tyler feels his face get even hotter, but his questions from earlier return.  Is Josh teasing him for being shy, or is it an odd pet name?

    tyler: are you teasing me? :^(

    josh: Don't get so offensive, it's just a nickname I have for you. :)

    tyler: oh alright :^)

    josh: :^)

    tyler: that's my smiley, git your own! ,:^(

    josh: But it's cute! I wanna use it too. ,:^(

    tyler: @n@

    josh: Tyler, what the fuck even is that smiley?

    tyler: it's my other smiley, he's supposed to have swirly eyes like in those animes

    josh: How creative.

    tyler: thanks, i try :^)

    josh: Why don't you talk like this in person?

Tyler's heart sinks as he reads that message.  

    tyler: idk it's just easier to talk to people over text than in person

    josh: You're so shy. You don't have to be shy around me, Tyler.

    tyler: i mean i can't really help it

    josh: oh. is it anxiety? i had a sister and she had anxiety.

    tyler: idk honestly

    josh: It's okay, Tyler. I'll be patient, take your time :^)

Tyler finds himself smiling a little at that as he types in his reply.

    tyler: i really appreciate that josh :^)

    josh: You should get some sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?

    tyler: alright. night josh :^)

    josh: Goodnight, Shybutt :^)

Tyler locks his phone before putting it back on the night stand, getting snuggly and warm under his blankets again.  He falls asleep without interruptions this time.