sixty eight

As soon as there's a knock on the front door, Tyler retreats back upstairs and into Brendon's room; the older boy had previously said that he and Pete would be working in the kitchen, and though he's welcome to stay, he could chill out up there if he wanted until they're done.

Tyler doesn't dislike Pete or anything, but he can't help but feel a bit awkward around him, for lack of a better word—but Josh doesn't like Pete, nor does he trust him, and the younger isn't really sure why, apparently because he's a slut or something.  But is Josh genuinely apprehensive about Pete, or is he still bitter about the fight back in October?  Possibly even both?  But Josh didn't seem too bothered during that fight, and weren't Josh and Pete cool for a period of time?

Tyler decides that associating with people is difficult; he didn't have to worry about anything like this when he was still friendless.

The boy pushes the bedroom door shut, and now that he's isolated in a semi-unfamiliar room without his phone nor his computer, he has no idea what to do with himself.  Tyler sighs, and he really wishes he didn't leave all his shit at home.  Sure, he could just man up and go home—

No, he's not ready. 

He pushes the thought to the back of his mind so it can bug him later, the idea of exploring Brendon's room surfacing in its place.  It's most likely a bad idea; it's immoral, and bad things could very well follow.  Brendon could walk in on Tyler's infringing, he can dig up something that haunts him forever—

But we all know how that dumb ass saying goes: curiosity killed the cat.

Tyler crosses the room, deciding that he'll start with the closet; when Brendon came over to his house, he went digging in the closet and even had the audacity to do it before Tyler's very eyes!  Eh, he doesn't actually care that much, all Tyler has in his own closet are clothes and board games.

And just like Tyler's closet, Brendon's is void of anything interesting, so he moves onto his friend's dresser.  Just clothes—honestly, Tyler expected the older boy to have more shit than this, and he has to say, he's a bit disappointed.

Then again, Brendon didn't know he was supposed to set up a plethora of fascinating things just to satisfy Tyler as he went through his shit, without the former even knowing.

As a matter of fact, this whole thing is ridiculous; is Tyler seriously bored enough to go through Brendon's clothes?

He is, as a matter of fact.  Maybe not the clothes but yeah.

Tyler ditches the dresser and sits at Brendon's desk, where a laptop innocently rests on the surface.  He opens the laptop, and he's surprised to find that it doesn't ask for a password. 

He signs in—flushes, and quickly shuts the lid.  Brendon should consider requiring a password if he's gonna leave his sinful tabs open.

The next thing that catches Tyler's eye is a small picture frame that displays a photo of a young child, a man, and a woman.  He delicately grabs the frame to get a better look at the image, and needless to say, the child resembles a younger version of Brendon, who is situated a bit in front of the woman, who as well is a bit in front of the man.  Tyler assumes that these are Brendon's parents, and all three faces beam with happiness and love, and it brings a small smile to Tyler's face.

But then he wonders where the couple are and why Brendon's staying here with Marie, and his smile falters.  He hopes they're okay, though honestly, Tyler suspects that they might be dead or something.

Tyler puts the frame back in its place before opening one of the desk drawers, revealing paper, writing utensils, scissors, just supplies like that.

Tyler shall create.

<><><>

Arts and crafts successfully distracts the brunet from his boredom as a couple hours go by.  Tyler can be quite creative, but not right now, as he's only created about ten million origami swans.  The most creative thing he's done was give them different faces, but how different can you get with origami swans all constructed with college ruled aper?

He's in the middle of folding his umpteenth swan when he hears the bedroom door open behind him.  Tyler glances over his shoulder to find Pete closing the door behind him, and what happened to doing an assignment?

"We're taking a break—" Pete starts, cutting himself off when he takes in the sight before him, "What do you plan to do with all these birds?"

Tyler merely shrugs.

Pete shrugs as well—possibly mockingly—and sits at the edge of the bed closest to the younger boy, "So, I heard you got suspended."

Tyler nods as he turns back to his incomplete swan, hoping that Pete won't ask further, because he's tired of repeating the same thing over and over again.  The disciplinary staff, to Zack, to Josh, to Brendon—

"What did sweet little Tyler do?"

Tyler refrains from letting out a sigh and opts to shrug again instead, "Long story, d-don't feel like, um, repeating."

"That's cool, Brendon likes to run his mouth so maybe I'll hear it from him," Pete laughs, "Unlike you; you're so quiet and mysterious. I wanna get to know you better, but you never talk. Give me your number? We can text as friends."

And instead of waiting for a response from the timid boy, Pete immediately fishes his phone out of his pocket, leaving Tyler to sit and watch a bit awkwardly as he ignores the alarms going off in his head; he's dealing with yet another fuckboy, isn't he?

Tyler either doesn't care, or he subconsciously loves to put himself in uncomfortable situations so he can pity himself about it.

"Is Josh one of those boyfriends that checks their partner's phone?" Pete asks as he hands the device to Tyler, who shakes his head as he taps in his number.  How would Josh react to this? 

At least Tyler knows that Josh won't degrade and guilt trip him, nor will he put an unloving mark on him.

Clenching his teeth, Tyler hands the phone back to Pete and tries to keep a straight face.

"Cool, we'll be great friends—as long as your boyfriend doesn't interfere," Pete says as he gets up, motioning for Tyler to follow, "Come chill with us, you look sad making all these birds."

...And Tyler's not sure if that was an insult or not, but he'll let that bother him later as well, and he follows the older out of the room.

<><><><><><>

thank you guys! <3