fifty four

an: omfg guys i fucking hate myself right now i had no idea that i forgot to upload this chapter im so so sorry guys :^( <3

<><><><><><>

The group didn't stay much longer after the drama unfolded, and Gerard dropped everyone off at their designated stops, the uncomfortable tension engulfing them keeping them silent.

Tyler contacted his older brother prior to leaving the rink and got permission to go home with Josh and spend the night (though the older man teased him and told him to use protection because he thinks he's funny—which he definitely isn't).

Tyler follows Josh to the latter's front door after Gerard drops them off and leaves, and the two make their way upstairs.

"So..." Josh starts as they sit on the bed, facing each other; the bigger of the two both looks and sounds apologetic as he speaks. "I pretty much fucked up our first date, I'm sorry, baby boy."

Blushing, Tyler opens his mouth to verbally accept his apology, but Josh shakes his head before continuing.

"We both know that I was a dick to Pete, and I ruined your first date—you deserved way better than what I gave you."

"I still had fun, though," Tyler partially lies; he has discovered that skating isn't really for him. "We can have more fun playing Wii, yeah?"

Tyler's mentioning the Wii has the other perking up, as if suddenly remembering something, before jumping up from the bed.

"Your gift!"

Tyler tilts his head a little, "My gift?"

"Yeah, I told you I got you one," Josh reminds him as he works on unlocking the armoire, "I locked it up because my bitch ass parents steal anything when they're desperate."

Tyler just hums in response, because what do you say in response to someone insulting their parents?  Sure, Josh's parents are assholes, but still.

"Close your eyes," Josh instructs as he finally gets it unlocked, and Tyler complies.  He hears one of the armoire doors open, followed by what sounds like a gift bag shuffling, and he almost opens his eyes against his will as a bag is dropped onto his lap, surprising him a little.

"Open, kiddo," Josh says as he sits next to him, causing the mattress to dip down.  When he finally reopens his eyes, he's greeted with a shopping bag from Pink.

"I saw you and Brendon looking at it that time we hung out at the mall, so..." Josh trails off awkwardly as Tyler pulls a hoodie out of the bag.  It's maroon with gray at the top, and Tyler remembers Brendon dragging him into Pink before Christmas break started to look at the hoodie. 

Brendon was the one who wanted it, not Tyler—but it is a nice hoodie, and it's from Josh.

So he gestures for Josh to turn away from him for a moment, which visibly confuses the other as he complies.  Tyler knows what he's thinking; why does Josh have to turn away just so Tyler can take a kimono off?

To be blunt, he doesn't want the other boy to see his arms.  Josh doesn't need to know that, though, so he's very thankful of Josh' wordless cooperation as he exchanges the kimono for the hoodie.

Tyler zips his hoodie and stands to show his boyfriend, looking down at himself and smiling.  His new hoodie fits much nicer than his old one had, and probably looks less silly as well.  He adjusts the hem of his hoodie as he looks back up to Josh, who looks to the smaller in adoration.

"You look cute, baby boy," Josh smiles, earning another shy smile and a cute blush in return.

"Yeah, it's comfy," Tyler says, sitting next to Josh once again, leaning closer to press a gentle kiss to his cheek before resting his head on his shoulder, "Thank you."

Josh only chuckles a little in response, "We should play Smash Bros."

<><><><><><>

love you guys, thank you! <3