sixty three

An alarm jolts Tyler from his sleep the next morning, and it plays for an agonizing ten seconds before it's turned off—but Tyler's now too alert to fall back to sleep any time soon.  He's honestly surprised that he was able to get any sleep last night; he usually has difficulty sleeping when in unfamiliar surroundings.  

As cliché as it sounds, he can't help but wonder if his ability to fall asleep last night was due to the secure hold Josh has on him as he still fucking sleeps.

All wondering is cut short, though, as a large forehead peeks over the edge of the bed above and to the right, mischievous eyes gleaming down at him.

"I'ma stay in bed and play sick," Brendon mumbles to the younger, "Don't blow my cover!"

Tyler nods his loyalty to his friend before Brendon disappears from sight again.

Brendon then emits a loud groan of agony, and Tyler would be lying if he said it didn't scare the absolute shit out of him—how the hell did Josh manage to sleep through both Brendon's monster noises and the alarm?

Brendon wails out again just before Marie finally enters, face scrunched up as she looks to the idiot on the top mattress.

"What the fuck? Are you okay?" she questions judgingly, nearing Brendon the best she can with the bottom mattress of the trundle pulled out.

"Not at all, boy!"

And Tyler can barely contain his laugh, because Spongebob references are always funny.  At least if you're Tyler and amused by every damn thing.

Marie leans over Brendon's bed, "You don't feel hot, you weirdo... What's wrong?"

"I don't feel good," Brendon whines out, coughing at the end for emphasis.

"Okay..." Marie says in a tone that suggests that she thinks the boy is full of shit, "Stay home if you need to, but you're gonna help me do housework."

And Tyler can hear his friend sitting up in bed, "I think I can make it to school, actually."

Marie looks down to Tyler with pursed lips and shakes her head at Brendon's atics, and Tyler returns it with an amused smile.

"Are you two not going?" Marie asks as Brendon carefully climbs over Tyler and Josh, who are either still sleeping or hasn't even tried to move from bed.

"Josh doesn't want to, uh, go to school with his face, like, all bruised up and stuff, and I got suspended," Tyler answers, and Marie nods.

"Wake Josh for me?"

Tyler nods and turns over the best he can so he can gently shake his boyfriend's shoulder, and why the fuck is he still asleep?  Is this fucker dead??

"You gotta use vigor, love," Marie laughs a little, and Tyler flushes a little, sheepishly.

"But I just have noodles," Tyler says as he uses more force, and Josh stirs before blinking open his tired eyes.

"Thank you, Noodles," Marie teases before addressing Josh, "Let me see your face."

Josh removes his arms from around the smaller boy so he could push himself up into a sitting position, tilting his chin up so the older woman could see his face.

"Brendon, can you turn the light on for me, please?" Marie asks, and Tyler winces as the lights are switched on before he could prepare himself.

Marie hums as she stares at Josh, pondering, "Do you want makeup? It might not be exact, but better than nothing?"

"Please, Josh," Brendon squeaks pathetically from where he stands in the closet, and Josh only looks to Tyler.

"I'll make sure Tyler's comfortable if that's what you're worried about," Marie pipes up, and Tyler offers a reassuring smile.  He doesn't want Josh to miss school just for him—he could get accused of, what, truancy?  What category offense even is that?

"Okay," Josh finally decides, and they all also decide to ignore the faint "yay!" that comes from the closet as Marie motions for Josh to follow her.

Now Tyler lies in the bottom trundle bed alone with Brendon rummaging through his closet, and then he's struck with the realization that Marie's probably gonna have him help with housework today.

<><><><><><>

thank you guys! you guys are sick :^3 <3