seventy three

Josh's classmates were rowdy and slightly overwhelming, and Tyler didn't understand how the poor sub could stand it.  I mean, those children were too old to be standing on desks and chairs and making so much goddamn noise—kindergarteners would probably sit and wonder what the fuck was wrong with these high schoolers.

Tyler could never be a sub; they don't get enough respect, and why would he want to put up with heathen ass kids that aren't even his?

But it doesn't matter anymore, because he's now long gone from that room as he sits in his third class of the day, waiting for the bell to dismiss their class to fourth lunch.

He's finally blessed moments later as the long, flat beep blares through the intercom, and before he knows it, he, Josh, and Brendon are reuniting at their usual lunch table.

"My next class is a sub so I'm thinking about skipping," Brendon says, pulling open a carton of milk—he got it from the lunch line this time since Marie forgot to buy his milk and oreos, "You guys skipping too?"

"I'm down if Tyler is," Josh agrees, looking to said boy as if waiting for his approval.  He kinda wants to say no, because it's his first day back from suspension and he already skipped first block, and Mr. Liddell might be in today, and Tyler likes Mr. Liddell.  But at the same time, he doesn't want to keep Josh back in class if he doesn't want to be there—even though skipping could get him in trouble, and it has already been expressed enough that Tyler doesn't want him to get in trouble.

"Let's just bring him, turn him into one of us," Brendon jokes (maybe) as he lifts himself up from his seat a little, ready to go and abandon his wasted milk.

"I don't want to soil his sweet reputation more than that fatass security guard already did, so this is up to him," Josh defends, and Tyler flinches a little as Josh unexpectedly touches his back to rub it affectionately.  He returns the gesture by leaning closer into the other's side, resting his head on Josh's shoulder, ignoring Brendon's "well, aren't you two cute" as he finally gives his answer.

"I guess we can."

"You sure?" Josh asks, and Tyler nods before they pull away to get up with Brendon, who retrieves an agenda from his bag before hauling it over his shoulder.

"Alright, let's roll," Brendon says before leading the way to the cafeteria's exit.

But they only made it halfway there before Brendon suddenly halts them all, "There goes the bitches."

Tyler and Josh look in the same direction their friend does, and his eyes land on Debby and Jenna, innocently minding their own business as they enjoy lunch together, most likely not even knowing who Tyler Joseph even is.

He tenses as the senior begins to walk towards the girls, and maybe Tyler and Josh should've stopped him instead of sharing a look that clearly expresses how pessimistic they feel about the outcome of this confrontation, but decisions have been made and now it's time to face the consequences as they follow behind their friend—but not too closely.

The younger two stop a few feet away from the table as the oldest goes close enough to slide onto one of the seats, offering the two girls a bitterly false smile and getting confused looks in return.

"Hey, ladies," Brendon starts, tone syrupy sweet and blatantly sarcastic, and Tyler's not sure if he wants to run away from embarrassment or stay to watch the scene unfold.

"Hey, uhh..." Debby trails off momentarily, "Brendon?"

"The one and only, and we happen to have a problem."

Both girls furrow their brows as Jenna speaks now, "Who even are you?"

"Your friend literally just called me Brendon and I confirmed it," Brendon shows where Tyler gets his sass from, "One of you lovelies put your hands on my friend."

The girls exchange clueless glances before turning back to face Brendon, looking to him as if he was as dumb as they get.

"No no, don't look at me like that," Brendon chuckles sarcastically, leaning forward on his elbows, "Look, I'm not afraid to but my own hands on a bitch if she hurts my friends, let me find out."

Neither of the poor girls say anything else as Brendon gets up from his seat, and Tyler and Josh turn on their heels as their friend catches up.

"You really didn't have to do that..." Josh trails off before suddenly bursting into laughter, which rips a laugh from Tyler as well.

"Sure did!" is all Brendon says as he laughs along, but unknowingly for a different reason.

<><><><><><>

thanks guys and love yall <3