fifty two

The week rolled by at a moderate pace, Tyler increasingly becoming more nervous the closer Friday, because he's going on his first date ever, with Josh.  And they're going skating, and Tyler's never skated before as previously revealed, and the younger boy is bound to make a fool of himself, if he can imagine.  Honestly, why did he even choose skating over going to the arcade anyways?

But it's too late now, so Tyler just sucks it up as Friday is finally upon them.

When school lets out for the weekend, Brendon climbs onto Tyler's bus (much to Tyler's surprise).

"Wrong bus!" the bus driver says to Brendon, and the boy shakes his head.

"No, this is my bus; my mom can't pick me up today," Brendon tells her, earning access onto the bus as he plops down next to Tyler.  Of course that was a lie; Brendon doesn't even live in the same neighborhood as Tyler, and Tyler's been on his bus just a few days ago.

Brendon turns to Tyler excitedly, "You ready for tonight?"

Tyler nods, "Just a bit nervous."

"I bet, isn't this your first date with anyone?"

Tyler nods again, feeling awkward when Brendon begins to coo at that.

"Awee, Ty! That's so cute!"

How?? Is what Tyler wants to ask, but he didn't wanna seem rude, so he merely offers a sheepish smile.

<><><>

Tyler lets them both in the house after the walk from the bus stop, and Zack is seated on the couch, his laptop plugged into the tv with an HDMI and playing sims on the larger screen.

"Hey, isn't this cool, T-bro?" Zack asks when he hears the door open, looking towards Tyler with a smile—which is replaced by a look of surprise when he sees Brendon grinning to him.

"It's awesome, Daddy Zacky!"

The grim look Zack shot Brendon's way didn't seem to bother Brendon at all, but Tyler doesn't want him to get kicked out or something, so he grabs the older boy by the wrist and pulls him to the stairs and hopes it doesn't piss Brendon off.

Tyler doesn't let go until they're both in his room with the door closed behind him.

"I don't think Zack likes me very much."

"Wonder why," Tyler mumbles under his breath as he moves to sit on his bed.  Brendon either didn't hear or didn't care enough as he sits on the bed next to Tyler, looking to him excitedly again.

"So, what are you gonna wear?" Brendon asks, Tyler shrugs.

"Probably what I usually wear," Tyler informs.  He's confused when Brendon shakes his head.

"No, this is your first date!" Brendon starts, rising from the bed and heading towards Tyler's closet, "Mind if I find you something to wear?"

"Okay," Tyler shrugs—he doesn't have much, just several pairs of jeans, a few old hoodies, and t-shirts.  Brendon questions him on this, which honestly annoys Tyler a little, because he shouldn't be in his goddamn closet in the first place, but he doesn't say anything as Brendon rifles through his closet anyways.

"Do you think Zack would drive us to mine?" Brendon asks as he gives up on finding anything nice in Tyler's closet.

"Reluctantly," comes Tyler's response, but it's enough for Brendon as he gestures for the younger boy to follow him back down to the living room, saying on the way that Tyler himself should ask since Zack will probably be more likely to drive them if he asks.

The older man is still playing his game when they enter the living room, and Tyler asks a bit anxiously, "Hey, um—can you, like, drive us to Brendon's?"

And Tyler was right, because Zack sighs a little as he puts his computer stuff aside before standing.

"You need to learn how to drive," his brother mumbles as he slips his feet into a pair of shoes.

<><><>

"I should have something in here that'll fit," Brendon says to himself as he searches through his own closet, Tyler seated on Brendon's bed as he waits.  He's honestly not sure why he couldn't just where this, because even Tyler can tell you that Josh won't give a shit if Tyler wears his usual big hoodie or not—and it's just skating.

"Here, this is nice!" Brendon says as he brings a black tee and some sort of floral shirt to him, "The kimono was one of my ex's but not anymore!"

Tyler hums, "Okay."

"Want me to turn while you change shirts?" Brendon offers, earning a nod and an appreciative smile from the younger boy.  He quickly changes as soon as he gets privacy, telling Brendon he can turn back when he's ready.

Brendon turns, smiling widely as he tells his friend to stand do he can see him better.

"Look at Tyler, lookin' like a snack!" Brendon hypes, and Tyler blushes a little at the compliment, "Now, let's clean your shoes; they've been dirty for too long."

<><><><><><>

thank you guys! <3