eighty

an: darkshines by muse is a sexy ass song and no one can change my mind, the bass line is delicious and matt sounds all emotional and the "darkshines brINGINGG ME DOOOOOWWWWNNNN" damn sis

also i've known my best friend zack for a whole year yesterday and nothing can bring me down yall ive been happy all yesterday <3

also im sorry to anyone i disappoint with this chapter. nothing bad happens, the only bad thing is the chapter itself agagagaga but as long as you guys (and you, bubbies!!) like it then i'm happy :^) but i promise to get a better chapter up soon!

<><><><><><>

Dinner with Zack is a bit awkward. Tyler refuses to meet the older man's eyes as they sit in silence, the younger boy nervously cutting up his noodles rather than actually eating them and hoping his brother doesn't say anything about it; his appetite isn't quite there, but he did manage to eat about a third of his alfredo.

"You're not eating," Zack suddenly says, startling the younger boy as he accidentally meets the other's eyes. He quickly looks to his nose instead-it's easier.

"My stomach hurts," he lies easily, cutting another noodle in half with the edge of his fork, then again.

"You should go lie down, I'll put it in the fridge for you," Zack suggests as he finishes his food, getting up from the table with his dishes in hand to take them to the sink.

"Alright," Tyler agrees thankfully, getting up and leaving as quickly as he can.

He lets out a sigh as he closes the door behind him and moves to his bed, just in time for his phone to go off where it's sat next to his pillow. Tyler allows himself to get comfy on his bed before grabbing it, smiling to himself at the name that flashes across his screen.

josh: Hey babyboy.

tyler: hey! i miss you

josh: I miss you too. Wanna call?

tyler: heck yeah

Tyler answers the FaceTime call, his smile growing wider as he sees his boyfriend's face smiling back at him.

"Hey Cutes," Josh waves, and Tyler giggles and hides his blushing face with his hand.

"Hey Josh," he says into his hand, unable to stop smiling. Josh smiles a little more too, and the way his boyfriend looks at him-so endearingly and full of love-makes his heart melt and has butterflies flying in his tummy.

"No, let me see that beautiful smile," Josh says lovingly, and Tyler complies, moving his hand to show off his smile, loving the way it makes Josh seem a bit happier.

"I could kiss you right now," Josh says, and Tyler can't stop himself from giggling and giddily throwing his face into his pillow, and he's so pleasantly overwhelmed with love and happiness and gay.

"That's my baby boy," Josh adds fuel to the fire-Tyler swears he's doing it on purpose-and he can't help but giggle in delight as he listens to his boyfriend. "So cute and precious, gonna take him out this weekend and show him off."

"Where are we going?" Tyler picks his head up to ask, cheeks pink and smiley.

"You'll see this weekend," is all Josh says.

"Is it rollerskating?"

Josh chuckles a little and shakes his head, "Not this time."

"Or ever again," he says grumpily with a pout, shaking his head.

"You're not allowed to pout since I can't kiss it."

Tyler giggles and starts blushing all over again. "Kiss it tomorrow?"

"Of course, baby boy," Josh says, just as Ruby leaps onto the bed next to Tyler. The brunet smiles at his feline companion and offers his hand, which she butts her head against affectionately, closing her eyes as Tyler takes the invitation to pet her.

"It's our child," Tyler giggles, lightly scratching under her chin-Ruby loves being pet there, and stretches her neck to give her human more access.

"She's got your nose."

Tyler can't help but laugh, which causes his boyfriend to laugh too-and Ruby's a coward, because her eyes widen briefly before she dashes away from Tyler and back under the bed, where she usually likes to hide these days. The smaller boy lets out an offended scoff as Josh only laughs harder, earning a sad pout from Tyler.

"She always leaves me."

"I'll never leave you."

"Yeah, Ruby," Tyler calls out teasingly to his cat, "Josh is my new Ruby!"

"And I love you for you, not just when I want food," Josh adds, and Tyler hums in agreement.

"Yeah, so stay under the bed! You're obsolete!"

"Obsolete," Josh agrees.

"Obsolete," Brendon agrees.

Sike nah, Brendon's at home chillin'.