fifty eight

@NovaFire14 i'm finally leading up to your suggestion, thank you again btw!

<><><><><><>

It was day one at Tyler's school, and he doesn't know anyone other than Josh in his day one classes nor his day one lunch, so he was bound to spend the day alone.

And that's exactly what he did, and an overwhelming feeling of loneliness inevitably engulfed him.  He decided that he didn't care, though; he's already used to loneliness and everything that sprouts from it.

This was just fine.

<><><>

Lunch time eventually rolls around, and Tyler contemplates what to do.  He could go to the bleachers outside like he usually did on day ones with Josh, but that's considered trespassing, and he could get into trouble with the dean if he got caught.  He hasn't gotten in trouble with the school since, what, his first year in middle school?  For vandalism?  All he did was doodle on the back of a bus seat with a sharpie, and it was gone the next day. 

His second option is to go to the cafeteria.  Alone, surrounded by loud teens who had no idea what personal space was, and that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, so he crosses that off the list immediately.

His final option was to ask Mr. Lassiter if it would be alright for him to spend the lunch period in the classroom, and he decided that yeah, Mr. Lassiter's a pretty chill guy, and this probably the best option.

But when the bell rang for lunch, he followed the other students out of the classroom instead of crossing the room to his teacher, because he dreaded rejection—that, or he's a coward, and both are valid answers when it comes to Tyler.

So now he's trespassing and pulling himself onto the bleachers, desperately hoping that security won't be patrolling around outside as he retrieves his phone from his bag, scrolling mindlessly through Tumblr on his mind.

That is, until his phone vibrates in his hand, alerting him of a new text from Josh.

    Josh: Sorry I left you alone at school Cutes )c:

    Tyler: its alright. are you sick? :^(

    Josh: I'll explain later okay? Call me when you get home from school

    Tyler: is everything okay?

    Josh: Nothing you should worry your pretty head about (c:

"Excuse me!" a deep masculine voice barks out from somewhere in the distance behind him, and Tyler freezes up before he can respond, panicking as he hears heavy footsteps jogging closer to him.

And fuck, out of all the days for security to come out, why did it have to be today? 

Tyler considers grabbing his shit and hauling ass, because this security guard doesn't know who he is, and he may not be fit enough to run very well, but it damn sure is worth a shot, yeah?

And Tyler grabs his shit and hauls ass, running towards the building with the nearest boy's bathroom in mind, hoping the security guard won't think to check in there. 

And he's so close to the back doors, and he's being yanked back by the security guard, and he's trembling with overwhelming anxiety and adrenaline from trying to escape, and he barely hears the man speak into a walkie talkie of sorts before addressing him.

"Why are you out here?"

Tyler only gapes up at the man as he struggles to form words, because holy shit, he's so fucking fucked right now.

When Tyler doesn't speak, the security guard continues, "Are you mute? Do you have an issue? You know you're not supposed to be back here."

"U-uh—" Tyler finally stammers out, trembling fists clenched by his sides as he musters up the strength to continue, "I—uh—I'm in lunch."

The older man shows no sympathy as he glares down at him sternly, "Does this look like the cafeteria? Are you an idiot?"

And despite how anxious the young boy is, this seems to snap something in Tyler; he can take shit from Zack, but he will not take it from random ass people who just so happen to work at his school.  Fuck that.

"It—it sure doesn't, why would, why would you e-even ask that? Are you an idiot, sir?"

This tugs at the guard's nerves, if the way the older's eye twitched and scowl deepened is anything to go by, "You're trying to make me look a fool while stu-stu-stuttering?" he mocks the younger boy, and Tyler's face heats up intensely.  He doesn't even know how to respond to that at the moment, but he isn't gonna let this kid punk him out while his surge of confidence lasts.

"I-I may have a, have a stutter, but at least I'll—I'll graduate and become something be-better than a school security guard."

And this seems to hit home, "I'm not dealing with this shit! I'm taking you to the dean of boys!"

"I'm not going anywhere."

That's when the older man's large hands roughly grab at him in an attempt to haul him into the building himself, which shocks Tyler, who wouldn't be caught off guard (ha pun)? 

But this man had no right to put his fucking hands on him, no fucking right.

"No!" Tyler raises his voice, thrashing and pushing at the security guard to break free from his grip, "I'm not your bitch so you're not gonna manhandle me like I am!"

And it only went downhill from there.

<><><><><><>

thank you so much guys! <3