Ch. 4: Who Are You?

Legolas's pov

"Who are you?" I ask the girl. She frowns at me with a very red face. Interrogation began rather quickly after the guard imprisoned these strange visitors. 

The girl answers me, surpirsingly enough. "Aleit." She says simply with an icy tone. I raise an eyebrow.

"Okay, Aleit, I'm going to ask you a few questions." She purses her lips.

"And I'm not going to answer anything elf scum!" She barks, her voice full of venom. I furrow my eyebrows. 

"Well then they're will be consequences." I state calmly. She rolls her eyes.

"Like what? You can't hurt me or you'll get no answers." She remarks. "Oh, and the search earlier was not necessary." She adds, her face growing redder.

"I believe it was, Aleit. You Rangers are dangerous." I comment. She glares hard at me.

"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!" She shouts. (I spit on your grave!)

Well then.

***

"Who are you?" I ask the man. He grins at me.

"Are you serious?" he remarks. "Why would I tell you that?"

"Because if you don't, there will be consequences." He laughs and stares at the table, a wide grin spread on his face.

"You can't scare me." he says, obviously pleased with himself.

***

"Who are you? I ask the other man. He looks at me with kind brown eyes.

"Many know me as Strider." he says. "But my name is Aragorn." Aragorn? Aragorn son of Arathorn? He seems to read my thoughts. "Yes, you probably know of me. But that's not important." he says, waving his hand. I smile slightly.

"Very true." I murmur, deciding that I liked Aragorn and wanted to treat him more as a friend than a prisoner. "So, the big question, why are you here?" he strokes his chin.

"Gandalf." He tells me.

"Gandalf?" I repeat. He nods.

"Yes, Gandalf sent us here to give you the creature, Gollum." He explains.

"Why?" I question.

"He has information. Important information. Information that puts others in danger." he says. I raise an eyebrow.

"Really?" I inquire.

"Yes, regarding the whereabouts of the Ring of Power." He murmurs. My jaw drops.

"The One Ring has been found?" I gasp. Aragorn nods and then puts a finger to his lips.

"Tell no one of this but your father." he whispers. I nod.

"Understood." I breathe. He leans closer.

"You must protect him." he orders. "Don't let anyone you don't trust get near him. People might come, in hopes to find him. Keep your guard in full alert and make sure all your borders are secure." I nod again.

"Thank you, Aragorn son of Arathorn." I thank with a smile. "You were much more helpful then your friends." He laughs slightly.

"I could imagine."