Ch.9: My Friend

Glynnii's pov

I have to keep my laughter inside me, when I hear Legolas gasp in surprise.

"You think I didn't see you?" I ask, still starring at the ground, refusing to look up. I could just imagine the look of shock and embarrassment on his face. I hear him start to climb down the tree trunk, and and jumps down, landing softly beside me. Seeing the acorn again in front me, I pick it up and throw it playfully at him. I finally look up at him. He is starring at the ground, his cheeks aflame.

"Sut naa lle?" He finally asks me. (how are you?) I smile slightly. There was something about him that amused me.

"Oio naa elealla alasse'" I respond. (Ever is thy sight a joy) He looks up at me with a raised eyebrow and then starts walking away.

"Manke naa lle autien?" I question him. (Where are you going?) He stops and turns his head slightly and he glances over at me.

"Uuma dela, mellonamin." He murmurs. (don't worry, my friend.) Then he turns around and starts walking some more.

"Mani marte?" I practically shout at him. He stops. (what happened?) "Lle anta amin tu?" I add. (do you need help?) I watch as he turns around slowly and stares at the ground with a serious expression. Then he smiles at me.

"Cormlle naa tanya tel'raa." He states simply. (Your heart is that of the lion) I am extremely surprised by his comment, but I do not show it on the outside. I also feel heat rise slightly to my cheeks.

"Thank you." I whisper. He smiles again.

"Lle creoso, Glynn." He says back. (You're welcome, Glynn) I just nod simply. I was about to ask him more about why he was in a tree, when I hear footsteps. Instinctively, I raise my bow towards the direction of the noise, which I heard right outside of the border. Legolas's eyes narrow in the same direction, his grin turning into a frown.

"What was that?" He asks. I squint into the trees, trying to he a closer look. I do not even dare lower my bow. Then the sound of footsteps appear again. Then my eyes lock onto something right outside the border. I gasp, for this was not something I wanted to see at all.

"Orcs." I breathe.