Ch.39: Pretty Eyes

Legolas's pov

I have been hanging upside down for what feels like hours. Days. Months. Years. My head throbs with enormous pain with each ragged breath I take. All I can think is about how much I just want to sleep. Just have my eyes close and fall into the peaceful abyss of sleep. Then I would not have to deal with any of this. None of Glynn's rejection. None of my father's hatred. None of this horrible unnecessary torture. Yes, sleep is what I need. I close my eyes and feel myself drift off a little, but I am soon fully awake as soon as I hear the dreaded clicking of boots on the stone floor.

I breathe deeply and relax my muscles.

"Legolas, I'm here for you." Says the revenge crazed elf in a singsong tone. Just breathe. Breathe. When I feel his body heat and I know that he is right next to me. He draws a line down my face with a sharp fingernail. "Oh Legolas," He urges. Stay calm. Stay still. Stay quiet.

Then I feel something sharp digging into my shoulder.

"Legolas, please open your pretty eyes!" He barks loudly into my ears and I feel my skin break ever so slightly and blood starts to flow.

"Legolas." He repeats and I feel the blade go deeper and my shoulder screams in pain. That's when I hear other footsteps.

"What the-" He exclaims and is then cut off by an oh so familiar voice.

"You stop whatever the hell you're doing, right now, you selfish bastard." Glynn growls.