Ch.42: Our Home

Legolas's pov

Glynn and I decide to return to Mirkwood. We concluded that it is our home and that we belong no where else. Now we ride together on the horse she rode to find me. She is in the front and I am behind her, holding her waist tightly with my one good arm. I can barely move my other arm because of my injured shoulder.The quicker I get back home, the sooner it would be healed.

"I have many questions for my father," I say into Glynn's back. She holds the reins loosely and looks back at me with a knowing look. I had told her about Galather and how he knew my father, and then somehow wanted "revenge". But that hardly matters anymore. He's dead. Glynn and I are together, and  that is what matters. But I can not help but notice the small pang of anxiety and anger flare with each inch closer to Mirkwood-- and my father.

Would he reject me and force me out? Or would he welcome me home?

As if she could feel my thoughts, Glynn leans back and looks at me. "Are you alright?" She asks. I sigh.

"N-o." I stammer. She stops the horse and turns father around in the saddle. She puts her hand on my cheek, causing my heart to pound a little harder.

"What is on your mind, melamin?" She says.

"I am scared about my father, Glynnii." I responds with a gulp. She strokes my face gently.

"No king could ever deny the prince entry to his own home. Our home." She says. I smile and she turns and continues our journey back to Mirkwood.