Ch.17: Gone

Legolas's pov

"Legolas?" My father asks. I turn to him.

"Yes Ada?" I question. His eyes are wide and full of sorrow. Something is wrong. I frown in confusion. "Ada?" I repeat. He takes a deep breath.

"There was an Orc attack.'' He says softy. My heartbeat quickens.

"Another one?" I demand. He nods his head sadly.

"I'm afraid so my son." He murmurs. I feel myself grow lightheaded, and I have to clutch the table to keep myself from falling. The sorrowful silence practically kills me.

"Someone important died, didn't they Ada?" I whisper, my voice not able to speak at full volume. Don't let me be right, please don't let me be right, I pray. His gaze tells me that I was right. My chest tightens. "Who?"

"Glynn." He answers. I feel my mind go blurry and my feet go numb. Glynn. Was gone. Forever. I manage to sit down in a chair, before I fell on my face. My father sits down next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Legolas, we could do nothing about it," He remarks. "She was helping Laeroth, who was injured-" I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"It doesn't matter." I cry, tears rolling down my face. "I should've been there. I should have." I sob into my hands. My life was over. Glynn was gone. I should have saved her. Again.

***

I feel my chest flare in pain. I groan loudly.

"Legolas?" The voice asks. I move my arm around, as if to wave away reality.

"Glynn...gone." I sniffle. The person grabs my hand.

"No! She's not! I just saw her!" They exclaim. I attempt to frown, but I am too exhausted to do it right.

"No....she...dead...." I moan. The figure clutches my hand tighter. I feel my hands relax and the chest pain dull down. Slowly, the darkness welcomes me back into it's depths.