Ch.26: You Can't Stop Me

Legolas's pov

When I wake, I hear screaming. It takes me a second to fully come to my senses, but when I do, fear strikes though me. My eyes fly open and I frantically look around to see if anyone was in the room.

"Glynn? Ada?" I call, sitting up farther. Another scream is heard from my window. Quickly, I climb out of bed and limp over to the pane of glass. Below me, through the top or the trees I can see armed elves flowing out of the palace, running into the depths of Mirkwood. I hear another bone chilling scream, but this time I know what it is. Orcs. I glide over to my closet and pull out my armor and start strapping it on my person. Suddenly the door flows open and my father bolts in, he stares at me in shock.

"What are you doing?!" He roars. I try my best not to flinch at his volume.

"I'm helping my people," I tell him. His face grows redder with each passing second, but I ignore him and pull my quiver of arrows over my shoulder.

"You will stop this instant!" He barks. Anger starts to build up inside me as I sheath my swords in their scabbards.

"You can't stop me." I say softly. His gaze shows himself beyond furious. Inside, I can feel my stomach churn nervously, but on the outside I make sure not to show such feelings.

He clenches his fists tightly. "As your father and your king, I order you to stay here or you will never come out of this room! Ever!" The nervousness in my gut instantly grows.

"Ada, listen to me. I'm going out there, no matter the consequences. It's better than leaving them to die!" I spat. His frown deepens.

"They're not going to die!" He growls. "They're trained and made to protect us!" I meet his gaze.

"To protect us?" I repeat and then I shake my head. "No, I will fight along side them." Then I bolt out the door and rush down the hallway. I can hear my fathers loud footsteps behind me, so I quicken the pace as best as possible. This is everyone's fight, not just the guards.

Adrenaline pumps through me as I get closer and closer to exiting the building. I open the gate slightly and slide outside, ready for battle.