March to the Sea (Jack's POV)

*A/N* I am so fucking pissed. All I wanted was a few new songs, but now. Because I have a shitty small GB iPod, I didn't have room to get a shitload of the songs I wanted. This is great. And I love how the songs still show up on my iPod, but it won't let me play them. FUcking stupid.

Ok, this is too cool, but kind of creepy at the same time. It's not that I don't think Emily would lie to me, but she really wants me to come over to her house and hang with her friends and family? I want to, don't get me wrong, but I'm already so shy and nervous, then add a shitload of people to that.. This probably won't go well.

"Mom!" I shouted as I ran down the stairs.

"What?" she yelled from the living room.

"I'm going out!" I said.

"You think so, huh?" she asked as she got up and walked towards me.

"Y-Yeah," I said.

"First of all, you ask, you don't just tell me!" she yelled as she slapped me across my face. "And second, you're not going anywhere!"

"You can't keep telling me what to do! I'm eightteen!" I shouted.

"Don't you fucking raise your voice at me!" she shouted as she slammed her beer bottle down on the counter.

"But you can't!" I yelled.

"Don't you listen?" she screamed as she slapped me again, making me stumble backwards and fall.

"Mom! Please!" I shouted as she got on top of me and slapped me again.

"Don't talk back to me!" she shouted.

I held my hands and arms in front of my face to defend myself, but it didn't work very well. Whenever my mom drinks, she gets insane, like she is right now. Lately, her drinking has been getting worse and the beatings are getting worse as well. I still have scars from her on my arms, chest, and face. I fought back with her and pushed her back, making her fall hard onto the tile flooring. When she struggled to get up, that's when I made a run for it. I shot up and ran out the back door. God damn. I didn't even bother hoping in my vehicle, I just kept running, knowing that that would take less time then having to wait for the vehicle to start up and then get in. I took one look back and my mom was standing in the doorway. I took a deep breath and then ran faster. After running about five blocks, I stopped to catch my breath and then took my phone out of my pocket. I looked at the text from Emily again and started walking to the address she sent. It actually wasn't too terribly far from where I was, maybe another few minutes and I'd be there, so I kept walking. Once I got there, I took a deep breath and then went up to the door. I could hear music playing and laughter, along with people dancing through the windows. I took another deep breath and then knocked on the door. You can do this, Jack. Seconds later, someone opened the door. It was Emily, standing there and looking more beautiful than ever.

"J-Jack, are you ok?" she asked. "You're all bloody and scraped up."

Jack you're an idiot. I didn't even think twice about how I looked, I just wanted to get away from my mom. I just stood there, completely terrified.

"Jack? Earth to Jack?" Emily said as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"O-Oh, I'm s-sorry," I said.

"It's alright," she said. "So what happened? Why are you all bloody and scraped up?"

"M-My mom," I said as I looked down.

"Wait, what? Your mom did this to you?" she asked, I nodded. "Jack, that's not ok. Haven't you told anyone?"

"N-No," I said. "P-People ask, b-but I always t-tell them that I-I'm just clumsy."

"Jack," she said with a saddened look.

"I-I'm sorry," I replied, tears threatening to escape my eyes.

"Jack, hun, it's not your fault. Don't ever feel like it is, ok?" she asked.

"Ok," I said.

"Now, why don't come in and I'll get you cleaned up. Don't worry about everyone else, ok? They probably won't even know that you're here until we come back down," she said.

"A-Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said as she smiled and took my hand, pulling me inside.

She gripped my hand a little tighter and then ran straight through the living room, towards the stairs. She was right. No one was even phased that she just ran through the room, pulling someone else behind her. Once we reached the top of the stairs, she brought me in the bathroom and sat me down. She continued to clean my face off gently, apologizing whenever I winced in pain. After about five minutes, she had my face and arms all cleaned off and band-aids where necessary.

"There, are you ready to go and face the world?" she asked as she stuck her hand out again.

"S-Sure," I said as I took her hand.