She had the World (Emily's POV)

Holy shit. That was.. Amazing, for lack of a better word. Jack is an amazing kisser! Jesus Christ, Emily. You sound like a freaking teenage girl who has to run home and skype her best friend and give her every last detail of the kiss.

Anyway, this obviously all means that Jack is awake now! He's actually awake! He talking, laughing, smiling! This is so amazing and I'm so happy!

As I walked down the hall, I smiled to myself and wiped the tears that were still on my cheeks from minutes before. I told Jack I was going to get the doctor, which I am, but the hard part is trying to find him... Maybe just going up to the front desk and having them page him or something would be easier...

So that's what I did. I made my way down hallway after hallway, getting an little lost, but finally figuring it out. Once I got to the front desk, a lady instantly spun around in her chair and smiled at me.

"Hello, can I help you with something?" she asked.

"Hi," I said as I smiled back. "Um, my friend Jack in room 235 just woke up about five minutes ago and I was wondering if his doctor could be paged so he can look at him or something?"

"Sure! Right away!" she said as she smiled and grabbed the phone next to her.

I told her thank you, then she smiled again and paged the doctor through the speakers in the hospital. After that, I said thank you again, then went back to Jack's room. Once I walked in, he looked at me and smiled again. I walked over to the side of his bed and smiled at him.

"How are you doing?" I asked as I took his hand in mine.

"Still fabulous," he said as he laughed.

"You're too weird," I said as I laughed.

"And it's all for you," Jack said as he smiled and lifted our hands up, kissing mine gently. "So you found the doctor?"

"More like gave up after thirty seconds and just went to the front desk, so yes," I said as I chuckled.

"Close enough," he said as he laughed.

"Hey, at least I got him," I said.

"True," he said. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, anything," I said.

Jack just opened his mouth when he got cut off by a knock at the door, followed by his doctor walking in as he smiled. I let go of Jack's hand, then stood up so he could sit next to Jack.

"So, how are you doing?" the doctor asked.

"Not bad actually," Jack replied. "Just a little bit of a headache."

"Thought so," the doctor said as he scribbled something down on his clipboard. "You had quite the accident."

"Yeah, that's what I hear," Jack said as he laughed. "But I'm ok, so that's all that matters."

"You seem to be, so yes, but we're going to have a scan done of your brain just in case there are any underlying problems," the doctor said.

"Sounds good," Jack said.

After what seemed like a million more questions, the doctor shook Jack's hand and left. I had dozed off, but got woken up when the door shut. Jack was smiling at me, which made me smile back. I stood up and walked back over to the side of his bed where I was before.

"I never thought he'd leave," Jack joked.

"Same. At least I got a little rest out of the deal though," I laughed.

"Yeah," he said as he laughed. "Can I finally ask you what I wanted to before the doctor came in?"

"Of course!" I said as I smiled.

"Ok, well, here goes nothing," he said as he took my hand again. "Obviously I really like you and I hope you like me. I remember the talks we had that night I stayed over. I've never opened up to anyone like that before, but I trust you a lot. I feel like we've been best friends since we were little and were inseparable. Emily, would you be my girlfriend?"

I just looked at him, a single tear falling down my cheek. I smiled at him, then stood up. I gently kissed him on the lips and shook my head yes. After that, he smiled and grabbed me and kissed me again, but that's when the door opened...