We're so Starving (Emily's POV)

Well, after getting my mess cleaned up, making some delicious pancakes, cleaning up again, the six of us are relaxing in the living room, watching a movie. A movie that is not Finding Nemo. I feel really bad about that actually. I know it's not my fault and all, but I just feel bad. I want to help Jack out, but I don't know if there's much I can do. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have him ask me for help or something because what he's going through, no kid deserves that, under and circumstances.

I also can't wrap my mind around the fact that a mother could do that to their child, even if their husband passes away. It's unacceptable. How a mother can even THINK about doing that is also beyond me. They shouldn't be taking out their anger on their child like that. Go see somebody, don't abuse your children! Even if i just think about this like I am now, I feel sick. It's sickening.

Anyway, like I said, we're all sitting in the living room watching a movie. Ethan and Jaimee passed out again, so it's just Pete, Patrick, Jack, and I, although it looks like Patrick and Pete are about to doze off any minute as well. And that's exactly what those two did... Within minutes, literally, of me thinking that, Pete and Patrick fell asleep, leaving Jack and I awake.

As Jack and I stayed awake, watching the movie, I'd notice that he'd look at me a lot, then turn his attention back to the tv.

"You ok?" I asked him quietly.

"What? Oh, yeah," he said.

"You just keep looking at me a lot," I said as I chuckled lightly.

"Sorry," he said as he shrugged his shoulders. "You're just really pretty."

"Aww, stop," I said as I playfully hit his shoulder.

"It's true," he said as he chuckled.

"You know," I said. "You're not too bad looking yourself."

"Now that's where I call bullshit," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I'm not good looking whatsoever," he retorted.

"Oh, shut up. Not to sound conceited, but a famous person is telling you you're good looking. Most people wouldn't deny that!" I said. "I'm sorry. That sounds totally conceited."

"No it didn't," he said as he chuckled again. "And ok. I suppose I can't argue with that."

"I rest my case," I said as I sat back and crossed my arms.

The two of us wound up talking quietly a while longer, then wound up going back up to my room where we laughed like idiots at the stories we told each other. I'm pretty sure both of us were crying from laughing so hard. Jack is something else, I'll tell ya.

"Dude, you are like my best friend already," I said.

"Really? You're mine too," he said.

"Yes really! I'm glad I put my number in the CD booklet," I admitted.

"I am too," he said as he chuckled.

"I don't have too too many friends because I tour a lot and am away from home, but the ones I do have, I don't get to see a lot or hang out with. It's been nice hanging with someone again," I explained.

"I bet," he said. "How is it performing and everything?"

"Well, it's a lot of fun actually. It's a rush every single time. It's almost like a drug, to be honest. You get to travel the country, and in some cases other countries, meeting fans, new people, and get to experience new things. It's a lot of fun and I'm really glad I got into it," I explained.

"I haven't told you this yet, but I have a band myself," Jack said.

"You do? Dude, that's awesome! What's your name?" I asked.

"All Time Low," he said.

"Why does that sound so familiar?" I asked.

"We've been around for a year or two now. We haven't done anything big obviously, but we want to. It's all of our dreams," he said.

"Aww! That's awesome! Promise me something?" I asked.

"What?" he asked.

"Promise me that you and your band will play for me? I really want to hear you," I said.

"Fine," he said as he sighed. "We're having a practice next week Monday when Alex gets back."

"Who's all in the band? You, Alex, and...?" I asked.

"Me, I play guitar, Alex, he's the singer, Rian, he's on drums, and Zack is the bassist," he said.

"Awesome!" I said. "You guys sound pretty damn cool."

"Really? Thanks!" he said. "That means a lot coming from you."

*A/N* I'm sorry... This is kinda a shitty chapter... :/ Oh, and the bassist for ATL is Zack, right??? I feel like that's right, but I'm not entirely sure.