Chapter 3+4

<<Chapter 3 - The Royal Library>>
____________

I don't know this ceiling.
That was my first thought when i woke up the next day.
The ceiling was made of expensive looking wood, with cross-patterns scattered everywhere.
I turned my head to the side.
Pure white sheets were lying on the bed and a room filled with decorated closets, chandeliers and beautiful decorations filled my eyes.

Suddenly i noticed someone was standing next to my bed.
It was a young girl, about 15 years old, wearing a maid uniform.
She had long, brown hair falling on her back and gorgeous emerald-coloured eyes.
A small face together with a rather small posture.
She wasn't taller than 165 cms.
She was in one word: cute.

When the maid saw i woke up,
she asked:

"Where do you want to have breakfast? In your room or with the other heroes in the dinner hall?"

She had a lovely voice. A little bit sore yet really relaxing.

"I'd like to have it here, thank you",
i answered, still drowsy.

The maid left the room with a small bow.

I stood up.
As i was walking around my new room, i saw an open door leading into some sort of bathroom.
It had a bathtub (although it was more of a wooden tub than a bath),
and several clean cloths, probably meant as towels.

As i was still a bit sleepy i thought it might be a good idea to wash myself.
So i took of my clothes and stepped in the bathtub.
To my surprise the water was warm.
She must've prepared it for me, i guessed.
After ten minutes or so, i quit the bath.
I took a cloth to wipe myself dry,
and had just been able to put on my pants when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in", i shouted and half-naked i walked into the bedroom while drying my hair with a new cloth.

The beautiful maid was back and she was pushing a cart, with two plates and a cup on it.

When she had closed the door and looked around, she saw me half-naked.
Her cheeks blushed as she was avoiding my eyes and put the plates and the cup on a wooden table standing against the wall.

In a hastily manner, she left again.
I smiled.
"Cute", i said to myself and so it was.
The girl REALLY was cute.

After finishing breakfast i left my room, and walked around the castle.
When walking i saw an inner area where some of my classmates where practicing swinging their sword.

Bored, i looked away and continued strolling around.

Suddenly i saw a door only slightly opened.

Curious, i opened the door slowly and entered.
Books.
So much books.
I had entered a library.
The gigantic stone room, with a ceiling beautifully decorated with an uncountable amount of sculptures and large windows on the sides, filling the room with light, was stacked with hundreds and hundreds of large bookcases and tens of thousands of books.
Dazzled at the sight of this many books, i slowly walked forward.

Even though i might not look like it, i really like reading.
So when i saw this amazing amount of books, my eyes got an excited shine.

Taking my eyes of the books, i looked at my surroundings a bit more careful and in front of me was a large open area with hundreds of desks.
Sitting at these desks were men wearing long red robes who were being absorbed by the books they read.

Suddenly, one of them looked around and saw me.
Hastily he stood up and walked towards me.
He was an older man around his sixties, with a short white beard and serious, dark-brown eyes.