Chapter 10 - Demi-God

Everything was black.
I was inside a room where the ceiling, the floor... everything was black.
The room looked like an underground cave, but more sinister.

Long chains hung on the walls and several heaps of bones laid on the floor.
Then, I noticed a man, sitting on the floor, with a hood over his face, wearing a long black coat with black trousers and black leather boots.

Just as I was going to move towards him, he slowly stood up and faced me.

His hood fell off and revealed a hollow face, with red eyes deeply sunk in its sockets, unwashed black hair and small, blue horns on his head. He looked around 30 or 35 years old.

The man spoke up, and unlike his appearance his voice was clear and pure with a light undertone typical to people who are used to commanding others:

"Boy, what is your name?"

Even though the man looked weak, I decided not to trust him easily.

"Why would I tell you?"

"Is that how you speak to a God?"

The man raised his voice and looked rather angry.

"You're a God? You sure don't look like one", I answered, still completely calm.

"I'm not exactly a God as you know it. I'm just a fragment of the soul of one who was called a God.
Nevertheless, I'm still quite strong.
You even had troubles fighting me yourself and this is just an inch of my total power", the man said slightly irritated.

"Wait, you're that guitar-guy that possessed the Ogre King?",
I raised my voice in surprise.

The man straightened up and looked at me angrily.
"It's Sinctar not guitar. And yeah, that's me".

"Why are you even here? I beat you didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did, but you only beat the Ogre King. I'm a fragmented soul so I can't really be killed".

"So do I have to fight you? And where is this place, actually?"

"You don't have to fight me. As you killed my host, Erigo, you weakened my soul.
This place is a place inside your unconsciousness that I managed to reach when you entered a more vulnerable state.
In other words, this is a dream".

"What do you want from me then?",
I asked.

"I have a proposal for you", he said.

"Well, let's hear it then".

"I'd like for you to let me use your body as a host".

"How's that even a deal!", I shouted.
"I won't let you control me like that Ogre you know?"

"I don't intend to".

"Then, what do you want?"

"I want to use your body as a shelter to regain my force. Later on, if you'd encounter another part of my soul somewhere, I want you to absorb it as well. That way I can regain my previous power and when I have enough of my soul restored, I can become a separate body again".

"Alright. What's in it for me?"

"I'll give you several strong skills and boost your stats. Also, I'll leave a mark on your body. When other demons see it, they'll know you're supported by their God.
That way you're always safe in demon areas".

"Hmmm...", I considered whether or not I should agree.

"So you only want me to carry you around while in exchange you give me more power?", I asked.