Chapter 57 - One of the Seven (II)

Oyyyyy~

All you readers out there, I'm terribly sorry this chapter took so long to be uploaded...

Good news is, I managed to finish my high school without retakes etc., so basically, I'm free for an entire three months now (though free is a big word, I got a vacation job in July and in August and September, I'll be gone to Austria twice, on a holiday.

Anyways, I owe you all fourish chapters if I'm not mistaken, so I'll try to upload them as soon as possible.

Stay sane, stay healthy, keep on reading and try to live with my upload schedule (crowd, angrily: Which one?!)

Love y'all !!!!

____________________________________________

Zzzzzssssshhhhh~

With a sharp sound, the demon's body split in two. Its two halves slowly slumped onto the ground with a slow thud, but I didn't care about the sound. Right after cutting through the demon, others appeared right in front of me. A completely white body, black eyes and black wings. Though Hiruyis had once described them to me as such, the Dark Angels were more fearsome in real life.

Unlike angels in human imagination, were the Dark Angels heavily muscled and bloodthirsty. They only used heavy and blunt weapons, as to destroy as much as possible.

To get to the commander and incapacitate the order in their ranks, I swiftly moved through the front, evading battles as much as possible.

As my speed was fast, many of the Dark Angels saw me as a threat. One of the Dark Angels lowered its body to the ground, slashing out horizontally with great force, as another one spread its wings and shot out black needle-like essence out of them.

A slight smile suffused on my lips. I lightly jumped in the air, pushing my hand onto the demon's blade, using the force to somersault into the sky. Right as I jumped over the Dark Angel, the dark essence arrived in front of my face.

I lightly waved my hand.

Space distorted where the dark essence went, and suddenly, all of it moved to my left, hitting the back of the other demon.

Landing back onto the ground, I suddenly felt a sense of danger.

I rotated my body to the left, narrowly evading a heavy, downward kick.

BOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Upon hitting the ground, the soil exploded in an enormous blast. Dirt and dust rose in the air, reducing visibility. The shock of the explosion had shot me several tens of meters to the side. I turned my body in mid-air, landing steadily.

The fight all around me had stopped. Everyone looked to the suddenly appeared dust-cloud in the middle of the front. Several seconds passed.

VOOOSSH!!!

Without warning, daggers shot towards me from within the dust-cloud.

I lifted my index finger, and a wall of ice appeared in front of me, catching the daggers.

Tukkk~

A slight sound resounded as the daggers plunged into the ice.

BBBBOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Not even a second later, the ice split apart as two knives broke through the ice and swept towards my neck.

SSSHHHH~

With a slight rustle of my cloak, I leaned backwards until my back was parallel with the ground, dodging the daggers.

Immediately after, a kick flew to my legs. I bent my back further, shifting my weight onto my hands and kicked off into a handstand and then back to my feet.

I quickly distanced myself as I took a good look at the demon in front of me.

Holding two red and black knives with a saw tooth edge in each hand, the demon had an even broader build than the other battle-oriented Dark Angels. Not wearing a shirt, his ripped muscles shone in the bright sunlight. On his rather long neck stood an elegant face. Black hair and enormous black wings, each one about as wide as he was long. Unlike other Dark Angels did he have horns on his head; curled and pointing towards the sky. Yet, the most eye-catching part about him were his eyes. The whites of his eyes were completely black, and his irises red. Yet the middle of his eyes, his pupils, were a pure white, even whiter than his skin.

"You're not bad"

His voice was husky, which fit his muscular body.

I didn't react at all. He seemed to be a little pissed off.

"What, you don't speak Vampiric? Though I thought you were at least not human, I didn't expect you to be as dumb as to not know the most used language".

His words were derogatory, though the explanation was uncalled for. Seemed like he wanted to talk for a while before fighting.

"It's not that I don't speak it", I answered.

"It's just that I don't like your face".

"Heh? Are you fucking with me?"

Instead of becoming angry, he started to laugh.

"Hahaha, you're so cold! You remind me of my friend Zirias!"

The moment he told that name, his laugh vanished like ice on a sunny spring day, and was replaced by a creepy, murderous look in his eyes.

"Pity for you, every time I see him I want to rip his fucking face off!!"

Immediately after, he disappeared from the spot he was standing on, and materialized right behind me.

BBBBBBRRRRRROOOOEOE!!!!!

As I used spatial magic to teleport right beside him, his arm had swung forward to where I previously stood, shattering the earth into a gaping rupture.

I sliced my hand towards his neck, but was blocked by one of his knives. I twisted my upper body, roundhouse-kicking his back, yet his body was gone already before I touched his skin.

Furiously, the demon countered, focusing on fast, concentrated attacks. His wings bent in front of places he was too late to defend, like a liquefied armor made of the strongest metals.

BOOMMM!!! BBBOOOMM!!!!

With every exchange, booming sounds echoed like the rhythm of a drum, and winds flew around like rampageous twisters.

After several minutes of fighting, we split apart again, as neither side was able to get the upper hand.

The situation had become a stare down, until the demon spoke.

"You're good. Really good. But it's about time, I take this thing seriously".

He threw away the two knives in his hands and took a hold of the two black swords on his waist.

The moment he held them, his demeanor changed. It was as if a puppy suddenly became a grown-up bull-dog. A bull-dog that was crazy for violence and blood and knew how to use swords.

"In that case, I'll take it a bit more serious as well"

Following my words, I unsheathed the [Swords of Wrath]. All light around the swords seemed to be swallowed by the broad swords, as if they wanted to swallow every other existence.

The demon licked his lips as he felt the aura around me change.

"I like you quite a bit. I'm Zent Urther"

It was a strong name. "Destroyer of All that Lives" in the Dark Angel language.

The declaration of his name was him issuing the fact he'll take the fight seriously.

"I appreciate the fact that you like me. I'm Toru, destroyer of your life".