Chapter 27- Premonition

1.5k reads bonus chapter!! Thanks for reading!! Now, please continue reading!! (^^)
______________________________________

{Ding}

You have adopted a child. The child's name will be set as [Maria Kakazu]. Parentship is divided between you and [Ilya Myroia]. You have gained the Skills [Parenting]; [Child Amusement].

"Well then", Ilya said," We have lots and lots of things to do"

She held Maria's shoulders and smiled sweetly:

"Now that you're officially our daughter, we can't let you run around in clothes like that, can we?"

"Mommy, what does 'ofiechjaly' mean?"

"It means that we'll be together for as long as you want", Ilya smiled,
"How about this? We'll go out, and buy you lots of beautiful and cute clothes, whatever you want"

Maria's eyes immeadiately glanced and she smiled adorably:

"Really, really, can I choose whatever?"

Ilya nodded her head, what made Maria laugh. She abruptly hugged Ilya tightly around her neck.

A while later. we left the inn, and went to a pretty well-known tailor shop.

Maria really liked dresses, but we managed to convince her she also needed more casual wear for when we went out.

"Shouldn't we buy some formal clothing for the party tomorrow?", Ilya reminded me.

I sighed:" Guess we should"

Ilya chose a military-like dress, what greatly emphasized her almost flawless figure. She initially wanted some sort of weddingdress, but then I reminded her she would have to wear the cloak, so she reluctantly chose the more casual clothing.

Seeing her pout, I tried to better her mood by saying I'd buy her the most beautiful dresses when we had found our own place to live.

Ilya's mood bettered, and she couldn't help but smile when she saw the little Maria fit all sorts of quality clothes.

In the end, we took three hours to buy thirteen sets of clothes for Maria, two new sets for Ilya and one for me. It costed 51 Gold coins and 218 Silver. It was enough for almost 60 families to live from for an entire year.

Exhausted, we returned to our inn and changed clothes.

I also gave Maria a similar cloak to ours, partly because I wanted to protect her a bit, but also because she had asked for it the entire afternoon, even while fitting other clothes. It became kind of annoying, so I tried to give her one as soon as possible.

When we went down to go for our meal, people started staring at us. The biggest reason for that is that Maria accompanied us. While we were eating, people constantly turned around to look at us. It scared Maria quite a bit, so I lashed out to the people in the restaurant. No one dared to turn around after that.

After diner, we returned to our room and readied ourselves to go to sleep. Maria laid in between Ilya and me.

It was only after quite a while that she fell asleep.

Ilya spoke up when she noticed Maria's breathing had steadied.

"Toru... what's inside the box old lady gave you?"

I closed my eyes and pondered for a while. I had opened the box earlier, when Ilya was helping Maria put her new clothes on.

"It's a necklace"

"Necklace"

"Yeah" 

I turned my head and looked at Ilya, whose head was just above Maria's.

"It's a silver necklace, with some imprints on it. It also has a name"

Ilya kept silent, waiting for me to continue.

"It's the necklace of Pride"

Ilya's face showed extreme shock. I continued.

"Maria's background isn't simple at all. She has the Title of [Empress], is a Vampire of the strongest Blood race and has a treasure worth more than this entire country on her"

We stayed silent for a while.

"Even though... her background can pose a lot of trouble in the future...", I said," I'm willing to protect her with all my might"

Ilya smiled at me.

"Are you going to give her the necklace?"

"No, I'll give it to her... when she's sixteen. She needs to be able to stand up for herself before we have to trouble her with things like the necklace"

"Mn~", Ilya hummed.

A while later, Ilya fell asleep. I stared at the ceiling for quite some time, before I finally fell asleep as well.

I was walking on a battlefield. Corpses were littered on the floor, but none of them resembled humans. Malformed limbs, heads without jaws, burst open chests. Each and every one of the corpses was murdered in a cruel way.

Then, I saw a familiar stature. Ilya's figure stood in the middle of the corpses, but she looked weak. I tried to run towards her, but I couldn't move. Then I tried to shout, but no noise came out of my throat. A huge spear came flying towards Ilya. Blood dripped from it, but Ilya didn't seem to have any intention to dodge. Or maybe she couldn't.

The enormous spear pierced Ilya's chest, and a large bloody hole was torn in it. I screamed and shouted, but not a single noise was made. It seemed as if I had lost my voice. 

The spear vaporated into the air when it hit the ground, and slowly it started to form a new spear. And then I saw it. The spear was made from blood, and the one controlling the spear... was Maria.

Her normally bright face was now extremely white, and her jaws had sunk in. Her hair was dishevelled and looked unhealthy even, and her eyes seemed to be empty.

Her haggard hand rose up, and the spear condensed in an even bigger one as the one before. Then she swung her hand in my direction, and the spear flew in my direction. The spear came closer and closer, until there was only red blood to see. Then everything became black.

I shot up straight.

My back was drenched by sweat and my breathing was rough. I glanced to my side, but saw that both Ilya and 
Maria were still sleeping soundly.
I sighed, and silently got up and went to take a quick bath.

Right when I got out and once again walked into the room, Ilya sat on the side of the bed, with Maria on her lap, telling her a story.

Ilya looked at me and spoke in Draconic, so that Maria wouldn't understand:
"Is something wrong? You got up so soon..."

I thought for a split second, but then chose to smile.
"No, there's nothing wrong"

I shouldn't make her worry now, I thought.