Chapter 29- Royal Problems

"You disgrace!! I'll teach you when to respect your superiors!!"

The prince stepped forward and slashed viciously at my chest.

"[Mountain Clieving Slash]!!", he shouted, and a golden coloured halo appeared on the blade.

Wild screams and panicked voices could be heard everywhere around us.

The corner of my mouth slightly lifted:" You think..."

I raised my hand and caught the blade in between my index finger and thumb.

"...some weak move like that can hurt me?"

The golden halo disappeared and utter shock appeared on the prince's face.

A grin appeared on my face.
I swiftly moved forward and grabbed his collar, then lifted him of the ground like he weighed nothing at all.

"Let me teach you", I said.
I used a little bit of strength and slapped the prince's face. His cheek started to redden.
"Don't assume you can beat anyone just because you're from the royal family. No one is unbeatable"

I slapped a second time, but now with a bit more strength. This time, a small stream of blood appeared from the prince's mouth.

"Second, you don't have any right to see my face, and even less to see my wife's"

I slapped a third time. The prince spat out some teeth.

"Thirdly, don't assume I won't dare to do anything to you since you're a noble. If I think it's necessary, I'll kill you, like I'm swatting an annoying fly"

With those words, I let loose of his collar, and he fell down and immediately collapsed.
After a few seconds, he got up holding his cheek in his hand, but didn't dare to look at me anymore.
Even if he wanted to rebuke, the prince had lost almost all his honour. Trying to do so would just make him more shameful.

The rest of the royal family just stood there, like they were thunderstruck.

I looked towards the young princess:
"Sorry for disturbing your little birthday party"

I put my hand in the inside of my vest and pulled out a white glove. It was made of soft mythril, and had a couple of small, blue magic stones on the outside. It was infused with both wind and water magic and could be considered a priceless treasure for normal people. It was an experiment I made while practicing my [Tailoring] Skill. Unfortunately, the treasure had almost no effect on Ilya and me, even the types of the magic weren't optimal for us. Therefore, I decided to give it to the princess.

"Here", I said, tossing it to the girl," I forgot to prepare a gift, so I'll give you this, since it's too weak and completely useless to us"

With those words, I turned around and started to leave. Ilya and Maria followed, approving of my decision.

Shilya's POV:

"..."

I was stupefied. This man... had actually dared to mock elder brother. No one, not even my Royal parents dared to do that. Elder brother Adam was the best sword-fighter in the entire Kingdom. He had won many tournaments, and was renowned for his almost flawless sword-tactics. Yet, this adventurer, who shouldn't be older than me, had casually stopped a Skill-move from my brother with just two fingers. 

Other SS-adventurers were wary of my brother. But this man didn't even put him in his eyes.

"Here, I forgot to prepare a gift, so I'll give you this, since it's too weak and completely useless to us", the man suddenly said to me, throwing over a white-coloured object.