Chapter 41 - They're just animals, no? (2)

New chap, hope you like it. Also, with a bit of luck, I'll update saturday or sunday. That should be possible. I hope.

__________________________

Reacting to my simple solution, elder Shin refuted:

"Lord Toru, this method... we have tried before already. We had built a four meter high, two meter wide fence around the village, yet the wood wasn't even able to delay the monsters..."

"Why use wood?", Hyven asked briskly. It was understandable though. Why didn't they use any stones or anything?

"To answer sir Hyven, it was simply a matter of time. We built for only one day, and this was the best we could construct before there was a new attack of the monsters"

"Don't worry about it, elder Shin", I said dryly," I don't plan on building some wooden fence. What I'm speaking about is a stone rampart in the very least"

"But Lord Toru, the time w-"

"30 minutes"

"What?"

Elder Shin was so confused he even forgot to be polite.

"We'll construct a rampart in 30 minutes. Please don't leave the village during this period. Aristasia"

I swiftly turned around while waving towards Aristasia to come over. Together we entered the carriage where I started to explain what I was planning. Hiruyis, Ilya and Maria who had jumped into Ilya's arms when I put her on the ground waited outside in silence.

Meanwhile, both Hyven as Elder Shin as all the soldiers and all beastmen just stood there not even knowing what to say. It was true this village wasn't all too big so it wouldn't take as long as normal to build a rampart around it. But 30 minutes. If it was 30 days it might've been comprehendable if all villagers would help with the construction. 30 days...

About 20 minutes later, me and Aristasia once again exited the carriage. I briefly spoke to the crowd.

"We'll start constructing now"

Immediately, a buzzing sound filled the crowd. Everyone started to speculate about how we'd do it.

I ignored them, closed my eyes and activated the earth-type magic [Mineral Collection]. It was magic that allowed one to search in a limited area and bring all minerals in it to the desired place in this area. I looked underneath the ground in an almost ethereal state while carefully considering which minerals to use.

'The amount of Hardened Rock should be enough to create most of the rampart... I'll strengthen it with Flowing Andesite* and Thunder-repelling Tonalite... I'll also infuse my own [Repulse Water], [Element Resist] and [Harden]...'

I precisely mixed both materials and skills with each other and placed it underground about 500 meters from the village. Then, I stopped the Skill and lazily shifted my gaze to Aristasia.

"Your turn"

The rest was on her. She silently channeled several earth-type magics at once. That was the reason I chose Aristasia to do this job; she had the greatest affinity with and best control over earth magic. Then, she shortly chanted.

BBBRRRRROOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

Immediately after, an enormous rumbling sound came from all directions. All beastmen started to panic and jump around in fright until they saw all around them walls coming out of the ground. Half a meter, one meter, two meter... the walls grew at an alarming pace. Only when they reached 16* meter did they finally come to a halt.

When the rumbling stopped, the entire village was dead-silent. Every single person looked at the monstrous wall towering above the village.

Its walls were a lustrous light-grey, which seemed to flicker with small dots of light when the sun fell on them. On top of the walls, which were 5 meters wide, stood every ten meter a small statue of a dragon. Each one of them looked as if they were real, with detailed red scales and black horns. Like protectors, they proudly looked over the village.