Chapter 30- Emergency

"Hehehe", Ilya chuckled when we walked outside.

"What's so funny?"

"I just can't believe you insulted a princess for 'ignorant sow' in her face and she doesn't even know..."

Ilya laughed once again. Then, she gripped my hand tightly and lay her head on my shoulder.

"Although our visit was a bit more physical than I had hoped for, I'm still really proud of you..."

Not knowing what to say, I just walked on, but my previous anger had already dissipated.

"Mommy, Daddy, are we already going to go home? I want to play some more...", Maria entered the conversation.

I shot a glance towards Ilya, before reassuring Maria:" Don't worry, we're not going home yet. How about we go into the city before going home? You can choose what we'll eat"

"Really? Then, can we eat red monster meat? I really like red monster meat!"

"Hahahaha, sure, no problem. If you want to, we'll eat red monster meat", I said laughingly.

In the two days since we met Maria, and got her out of slavery, she had already gotten used to getting whatever she wanted. Whenever she could, Maria would eat meat, since it was practically impossible for anyone without sufficient money to afford meat. She liked her meat baked and skewered, so it was easy to eat. These past few days, we also tried to teach her some basic manners, but it'll take a while before we'll have any result.

We casually walked out of the Royal area and went to the shops in the West-district, because it was the most high-class area one could find in the city.

A minute or ten later, Maria, Ilya and me went window-shopping in the street. Although it was quite late, a lot of businesses were still open.

Suddenly, while we were looking at a shop that sold dresses, I felt someone coming our direction at an extremely fast speed.

I hastily turned around, grabbed the person's arm, twisted it around that person's back and pushed him down on the ground. All of this happened in less than a second.

"Aaaahhh!!! You're hurting me! You're hurting me!!", a young girl's voice rang out. The girl wore simple clothing and had inconspicuous black-coloured hair.

"Who are you?", I asked bluntly, not letting the girl go.

"Aaahhh!!! I'm from the Guild, the Guild!!"

I loosened my grip a bit so that she couldn't break free, but so that it wouldn't hurt anymore as well.

"Why are you here?"

"Had to tell you, there was an urgent gathering at the Guild"

"Fine", I said, and I let go of the girl.

"Hehehe, they told me you were quite strong, but I didn't think you were actually faster than me", she said while bumping her head with an apologetic look on her face (kinda difficult to explain, so HERE's an image of what it should be ( http://i.imgur.com/gpqAHTi.jpg  )).

"Name's Eavane, Rank A, known as the fastest in the Guild", she continued with a bright smile.

"Well then, Eavane, can you lead the way? I don't really know where the Guild is here in this city..."

"Sure, sure", she answered. Even though she came here in such a hurry, she didn't seem as hurried to return.

"Is it true you defeated that Ringy-gang? How do you look like underneath your hood? Are you really a noble? Is it true you can use Space magic? That'd be cool, 'cos Space magic is really rare you know? I guess you know, why wouldn't you know? I heard that kid next to ya used to be a slave, is that right? Are you like, the saviour of all slaves? Your name's Toru right? That girl beside you, is she your girlfriend? Why did you join the Guild? I heard you were insanely rich, is that so?"