Chapter 7 - Demon

The first thing that greeted me when I woke up was a stone wall.

But something was different. Even though my eyesight wasn't bad to begin with, now I could see every single detail on the wall, from little pebbles crumbling down to miniscule cracks in the wall.

Not only that but a strange blueish wave rolled in front of my eyes.

Not knowing what was going on, I got up.

But when I put my hands in front of me to push myself up, I was once again flabbergasted. A strange red flow, like blood was showing inside my arm as if I didn't have skin. Not only that had changed.

Were my nails always this long?, I thought.

Putting my thoughts aside, I stood up.

Hmmm?

A lock of silver hair fell before my eyes. Wondering where it came from, I looked up, only to notice the strand of hair belonged to me. I moved my hands up and felt my hair. It was really soft.

Suddenly, I no longer felt my newly grown hair, but a hard, corded structure, starting on both my left and right temple, growing backwards on my head, ending in a pointed tip.

Horns!!!, I thought.

In panic, I once again opened my [Status].

______________________________________

Name: Toru Kakazu
Gender: male
Age: 17
Race: Demon
Class: [Grim Reaper]
Lvl: 2
HP: 1256/1256
MP: 1488/1488
STR: 1034
VIT: 911
SPD: 1377
MRES: 1504

Skills: [Reaper] - [Devourer of Life], [Eyes of Death Incarnation], [Shadow Step], [SPD Enhancement Advanced], [Divine Eye], [Indestructible Stomach]

______________________________________

I was speechless.

Not only did my Stats rise, my race changed and I also got three new Skills.

With my Status still open, I started to examine my body thouroughly.

My hair grew silver, horns grew on top of my head, my nails were longer and sharper, my skin got much smoother and my ears grew all pointy, like an elf. These were the changes I immediately noticed. If there were other changes, I thought, I'll notice them sooner or later.

Feeling quite lost, I looked at the [Divine Eye] Skill.

{Skill: Divine Eye,

Able to see all that exists in the world. Able to see flow of magic, flow of the elements, all Stats and Skills, weak points of the body. Target is always visible when locked on. Changes eye color to gold. Passive Skill }

Another cheat skill, I thought.

If these are the effects, then the blueish flow I saw earlier must be the flow of the wind, while the red colour in my body is probably the flow of magic in my body.

The second Skill was rather unexpected.

{Skill: Indestructible Stomach,

Able to eat anything. Cannot be poisoned, paralyzed or receive any status debuff from food. Passive Skill }

Lastly, a new window appeared in the [Reaper] Skill.

{Skill: [Reaper]

When killing a living being, the owner of the [Reaper] skill gains all the stats and skills of the killed creature.
Passive Skill -
Secondary Skill: [Devourer of Life]

When eating killed prey, a new unique Skill will appear in the Skill window. Only applicable on the first of each species. Passive Skill }

So, the [Indestructible Stomach] Skill was a result from this [Devourer of Life]?